[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Recently diagnosed saying hi x

Recently diagnosed saying hi x

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recently diagnosed saying hi x

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 am

My name is Theresa, I have three young children and a hubby who works very hard to support us. April last year I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. It was a great shock but lucky I got referred to a rheumatologist as quickly as I did. I had a big swelling in my knee in Feb last year but I ignored it. Around a month later i had swellings in my toes. A rheumatolgist told me (after a blood test for rheumatoid arthriits) that it was psoriatic. Apparently I had psoriasis in my scalp and on reflection I broke out in it a few years ago.

Anyway, any pain meds I had been given didnt help me. I was still in a lot of pain all over and always so tired. I feel the tiredness has lasted a lot longer than the arthritis diagnosis. In December last year I was told due to my constant back pain I might have ankylosingspondilitis which is when your spine fuses. Last years xrays on various joints were clear and my mri in Jan this year was clear.

In my recent appointmenet with my rheumatologist I was asked various questions and then asked to lie down. He pressed on areas of my body waiting for a response. Each time I would cry out. He said I have fibromyalgia and gave me a leaflet with info. I was told i may have vitamin D deficiency and sent for bloods for that, iron, bone, and other tests. I have also been given amitriptoline at night and told to take vit D supplement and painkillers throughout the day. I am 34 years old. I feel 80. I am lucky in that I dont have to go out to work. The house and kids are my work and its not going great. The housework is piling up but at least the kids are watered and fed. Day to day is a struggle and in pain so much. Had a good day yesterday but I am paying for it today :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Recently diagnosed saying hi x

Postby Miz3 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi Theresa everything you wrote sounds very similar to me I had lots of tests mri etc everything came back normal and then this week consultant confirmed I have fybro.....I also have 3 kids and a house in a mess :-( Feeling very sad and sorry for myself today.
Miz3
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Hugs Miz xxx I feel zombie-fied today as i couldnt sleep last night. My kids are very demanding so i hardly get any rest. Its my childs birthday today but i just dont feel the spirit of the day at all :cry:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby mrsk89 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi ladies this sounds exactly like i could have written it! I have 3 children under 7' and a hubby who works hard i am waiting for my mri app but my rhuemy had dx fibro after 16 of the 18' pressure points were tender in not coping on mu meds and house is gettin worse by the day too x
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Re: Recently diagnosed saying hix x

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby mrsk89 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:01 pm

i know what you mean about hurting in places you didnt know when i saw the rheumy last week he moved my shoulder and i realised i have some loss of rotation and lots of pain and i hadnt even realised lol
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello