[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ESA - contributions based. Confused!

ESA - contributions based. Confused!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA - contributions based. Confused!

Postby leikela » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi, I'm currently receiving ESA (contributions) and had a letter recently saying that it will end in a few months, which I fully expected. Now, way back in July last year ATOS sent me a letter which I had to return to them for an assessment. Since then I've had nothing! Will I have an assessment after the year of ESA contributions is up? I had to call them this week and on the gov website I found their number on it said I would be on my current rate for 14 weeks only... I've been on it since May! Is that normal or should I call them?
leikela
UKFM Member

Re: ESA - contributions based. Confused!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:18 pm

The 14 week period mentioned on the gov site relates to the time length someone making a new claim should be assessed within to determine if they will qualify for ESA. With things being in such a mess between Atos and DWP, this 14 week time scale has fallen by the wayside, with things taking a heck of a lot longer (months rather than weeks :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: )

With you sending in your form in July of last year, and now receiving the letter advising you that your ESA entitlement will be ending in a few months, it might be worth contacting them to see what it happening iro the form you sent back to them.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jaxcross » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi,
Im curious how people manage to get esa or DLA through being Fibro sufferers, i've applied every year fir last three years and been turned down everytime.
What am i doing wrong.
Thanks for any advice in advance..
jaxcross
UKFM Newbie

Postby Shazzie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Jaxcross you need to send in your form with as much information on how your fibro affects you on your worst days forget ur good days also send in all letters from drs and hospital appointments about ur illness and if you have a support helper get them to help you fill in forms,also if your on facebook join the group 4up they are very good in helping you fill in forms and theres lots of advice on the group too x
Shazzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby leikela » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:36 pm

The letter said that amount I would get would change by a tiny amount but that's it. Will give them a call on Monday and see.
Jaxcross I kept a diary from when I was initially signed off work on how I felt that day and which things I was having to make adaptations for. For example I now have to have a medicine reminder on my phone and an organiser for everything I'm taking (morn/noon/night) otherwise fibro fog kicks in and I forget! Also things like not being able to stir food without pain, unable to use can openers (and often ring pulls), going up stairs on all fours? Holding on to furniture whilst walking around etc. all seem little but will give the assessor an idea of how fibro is affecting your life and the impact it has. I also contacted a local disability advocacy charity to help me fill in the forms (partly because I can't write more than a few sentences without considerable pain). Is there an organisation near you that could give you some advice on how to fill in the forms?

Sent from my iPhone using
leikela
UKFM Member

Postby MikH-D » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:05 pm

I had same letter and also no assessment saying 1st April ending but I applied in June/July so that's not 365days as stated so im confused also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Postby Boro » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi Jaxcross, I have Fibro and get DLA, my daughter has Fibro and a few other conditions and can't get DLA, even though she has sent in so many reports. She us still having surgery to try and help her walk, but still can't get DLA. I don't think there are any rules, it must depend on the person who assess your form. Keep trying xxx
Boro
UKFM Newbie

Postby lala » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:21 am

is the contributions based esa the one where they don't take your savings into account please? if you are in the support group does this money stop at the end of the first year? thanks.
Its terrible that a lot of people with fibro are not getting financial assistance. Its such a debilitating illness.
lala
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits