cryotherapy

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cryotherapy

Postby giselle cronin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi am just wondering if any one has had any dealings with cryotherapy treatments for fibro, as I have been on just about every drug possible and tried every other treatment on offer and am getting steadily worse and worse, cant take it much more, so thinking of going down the science fiction route there must be some hope out there some where.
giselle cronin
UKFM Newbie

Re: cryotherapy

Postby denys » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 am

Sorry no, have you searched Mr Googly??? ask your GP see if there is any useful information. I have had a quick look and apparently the only place to get whole body cryotherapy is at Champneys :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: but it is used in the treatment of sporting injuries.

I would imagine its use for FM would be very limited as when used for sporting injuries its actually working on the damaged tissue, but we dont have damaged tissue as such. As I said not much use sorry, but if you dont try you will never know :!: :!: :!:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zappa20 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:46 am

Gald you e xpalined that Denys and no disprespect menat to the OP. But when cryotherapy was mentioned for a moment I initally thought things were so bad, the OP was considering being frozen and stored until the future when perhaps a better way to treat fibro might have been discovered. :yikes:

Had no idea this term was used in treatment of sport injuries. Think it's time I went to bed. lol.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe its what we should all do :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services