[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibro's chokehold.

Fibro's chokehold.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro's chokehold.

Postby fibrobird » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Fibro has a hold of me, it's always there, sometime's strong, sometimes weak - never weak enough to break free, it's just always there. It's hard. It's a battle. It's an up-hill battle I have to restart from the bottom every morning. It's frustrating. It's infuriating. It's damn right rude, too! Why does it have a hold of me? I'm young, I'm otherwise healthy. It's robbed me of so much; of my passion and hobbies, my memory, my body, my friends. It shouldn't be this hard, it shouldn't be this much of a battle. Most nights I cry, I lie awake for hours, unable to switch off, to sleep. Most days I nap, I forget, I'm constantly lost in a daze. Every day I hurt, I ache, I throb, I wince. It's unfair. It's unfair! Why must I forget conversations I had two days previous? Why must I wake in more pain than I went to sleep in?
Fibro's chokehold, it's not letting up, it's not loosening. It's something inside that will be there for as long as I may live, constantly reminding me I'm deemed 'disabled' at a young age, that I have something so many others have but not many truly understand. It's got a hold of me, it's got me right where it wants, and I'm not strong enough to escape, I'm not strong enough to fight it. I wish I was. I wish for the resilient person I once was, not the shell I am.

It shouldn't be this hard. It shouldn't be this much of a battle.
fibrobird
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro's chokehold.

Postby bobomason » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Wow! I thought I was a poet but I'm unable to come up with a poem as good as this. It sums up exactly what fibro can do to a person and how devastating it is. Thank you for sharing it x
bobomason
UKFM Newbie

Postby johnashu » Sat May 03, 2014 12:58 am

i hear you :(
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Sun May 04, 2014 1:46 am

This is a fantastic poem... I was in this writing, its me your writing about! Its so sad but for us with fm we only know what its like... touching!!! Thanks for sharing. X lisa xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby fibrobird » Mon May 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Thank you for the comments, it means a lot that you think it's good - and worth reading! Although I'm not happy that you guys suffer with it too, I'm glad that you can relate to what I've written. I didn't think much of it when I posted it, but obviously I'm my own critic! Hope you all have better days :-)
fibrobird
UKFM Newbie

Return to Your writings, poems etc.