writing a paper on fibromyalgia

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

writing a paper on fibromyalgia

Postby JDWench » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:30 pm

I'm writing a research paper on fibromyalgia and purchased a book today called Say No To Arthritis by Patrick Holford, it's really good! I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend papers written by doctors or any other publications including ongoing research in to the condition?
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: writing a paper on fibromyalgia

Postby Hardy girl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi, don't know if this is any use to you but I contacted a medical doctor in USA who had been doing research in natural treatments for Fibromyagia I was struggling with my weight. This is a copy of a reply in which he referes to a book you may be interested in. He replied to me immediately which I thought was amazing, actually was not expecting to here from him. Just thought it might also be a contact for yourself . Good look would be interested to read the paper when completed . X

Julie A Walker
Hardy girl
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Try reading anything by Oliver Sacks, in particular Migraine. It's a little old, but having suffered static migraines and then developed Fibro after a fall. I think he has lots to say unfortunately nothing i know if directly to do with fibro.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby elaineann521 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 am

i wouldnt bother asking a gp went last week to ask him to refer me to the pain clinic he said no.then said he had just read a paper on it !go to the top of the class then said i might not even have fibro and after waiting five years to get a diagnosis he can go and get stuffed they are not starting to mess me about at this stage useless idiots
elaineann521
UKFM Member

Postby Dottylin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:30 pm

elaineann have you not been diagnosed by a rheumatologist? tell your doctor you want to be referred to a rheumatologist as he is obviously a none believer, I wish all these none believers could have fibro for just a week, that would show them! :evil:
Dottylin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Julie, cant see anything in your post about the reply :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia