OMG have been give orlistat as bmi 35

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

OMG have been give orlistat as bmi 35

Postby ccat21 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi, I went to the gp yesterday about increasing my pregablin so he wanted to weight me, I know that I have put on weight, but I was shocked that my bmi was 35! (At easter I had got on my scales & was 15st I was so upset). I have been struggling with my weight for a long time now so gp said that I could have orlistat but apart from telling me when to take it he did not give me anything else.

I have Googled it so know that I can have 15g 3xday of fat is this right, have any of you taken it &how did you do? Any info or advice will be greatful.

Thanks Cat
ccat21
UKFM Member

Re: OMG have been give orlistat as bmi 35

Postby denys » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Sorry I dont know, ring the surgery and ask for some information to help you with it
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:47 am

Or call/pop in to your local chemist and speak with the pharmacist
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ccat21 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks both of you, I have to see gp in a months time but I may give health centre a ring and see if I can get an appointment with a nurse before that. I had not thought about a pharmacist I know the you can get Alli which is the lower dose orlistat from Boots so may try there.
Thanks again, sometimes your mind goes blank and you just need a push in the right direction which I find
this forum is great for.
ccat21
UKFM Member

Return to Weight Issues