[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hemsworth/Pontefract area GPs?

Hemsworth/Pontefract area GPs?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hemsworth/Pontefract area GPs?

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Anyone in the Hemsworth or Pontefract areas able to recommend a GP practice that has at least a clue about FM? I'm likely to be moving over there in the next couple of months and want to find a practice that isn't in the 'Fibro-denial' camp. I don't often visit my GP but if I do, I'm not keen on having to have a stand up row with some dinosaur about my FM.

Thanks
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Re: Hemsworth/Pontefract area GPs?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Have you had a look to see if there are any Support Groups in the area(s) you might be moving to?? If there are some, you could try contacting them to see if they have any info about GPs in the area, be it Good, Bad, or Ugly.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Not yet, Flup - we're at the very early "holding our breath" phase of the house buying so I thought I'd try here before spending time Googling - already doing tonnes of that looking for removal companies etc! :-D Will give it a go once we have a completion date, thanks
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Another place to look once things are settled is the NHS website, apparently you can search for GP's etc in various areas and see any reviews that have been given might help :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Just bumping this up as we have now moved, I've found a local support group and asked there but checking back in here just in case as well. Cheers to anyone who can help.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Glad to hear you've moved SC, hope it went as smooth as these things possibly can. Hopefully, once things are more settled and sorted, we'll be seeing you back on here with us.

Look after yourself as much as you can thru all the chaos of unpacking and sorting :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Happy new house SC as Flup said take things easy, dont forget to PACE (just shouted that in case you werent listening :lol: :lol: )
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:20 am

SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:31 am

OOoooopppppsie :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: We should have shouted this to you a bit earlier :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 am

Flup, I've been running on adrenaline, paracetamol and gritted teeth for about 4 weeks now. My resting pain level has gone from a 2/3 normally to a 5 for the last 2 weeks, and I've been as high as an 8, which is extremely unusual for me. I'm looking forward to June, it's a fairly quiet month and by then I might just about have finished unpacking.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:14 am

Been doing some research, this place sounds promising - anyone know it - White Rose Surgery, Exchange Street, South Elmsall
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 01, 2014 12:04 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: they are a decent practice SC and that your pain levels drop back down a bit :-D :-D :-D sorry we were a bit late with the shouting :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services