[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Mega puffy feet!!

Mega puffy feet!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Mega puffy feet!!

Postby Lyssie » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Especially in this weather too... Very uncomfortable. Right about now I think I'll treat myself to a cold foot bath, haha. Keeping them up too!

Any suggestions?

Lyssie :) xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Re: Mega puffy feet!!

Postby LibbyWick » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:21 am

Oh dear Lyssie. I used to really suffer from swollen feet and ankles. You need to pop in on your GP as there are many reasons for swollen feet and ankles. My GP told me it was oedema due to dehydration. It was really really bad last time and very sore, felt as though my skin was going to split open. GP gave me a recipe for a rehydration drink to make up at home and I had to get through about half a litre per hour throughout the day, and the next day if I needed to. Also to get my feet up above heart height. Had a very relaxing couple of days on the sofa with my feet up on two pillows and sipping my drink. You'll find various recipes online but below is the one I used:

Six level teaspoons of Sugar
1/2 level teaspoon of Salt
1/2 level teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (optional)
One Litre of water
Your favourite cordial to taste.

Oh, and before I go.... you need to keep well hydrated in future. I haven't had an episode since I took that remedy and invested in a water filter jug, which is constantly kept topped up. Just about every time I go into the kitchen I have a glass of water.

Hope you feel more comfortable soon.
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:41 am

I've been getting puffy feet and toes. My rheumy nurse said it isnt fibro but my arthritis x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Lyssie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Oh wow. Thank you LibbyWick that's so helpful. I'm seeing my GP soon so I'll also bring it up then! I'll see if we have those to make that up :)

Ohh okay Theresa, do you mean rheumatoid arthritis? As I haven't but I have osteoarthritis and bone spurs... Xx
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Lyssie, I feel for you.

I get swollen hands and ankles when I am dehydrated or from the OA. As Libby suggested though, you should see your GP, if you get it a lot. There are many reasons for swelling.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby migrembe » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 pm

My swollen feet was caused by the pills i were on - gabapentin - pregabalin
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:15 pm

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 am

—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby TeejThorne » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:34 pm

I have never suffered with swollen feet or ankles but i am newly diagnosed and they have put me on Gabapentin and I am sure it is these that are dsoing it, I feel like im walking around in a lead suit too .......

AM talking to the docs tomorrow about it hopefully this is the reason as I am diabetic and they are making me sick too and loss of apetite, my sugars are up by 3 points which is disasterous as it has taken me 4 years to get it down ;(
TeejThorne
UKFM Member

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:40 pm

—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:13 am

My feet and ankles are swollen. I had wondered if it was Pregabilan. But really I put it down to the heat. Just another thing to add to my list for the doc as to why I would like to try something else! I had to invest in a few pairs of new sandals because the ones I have a really really digging in because of the swelling!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:06 am

Yep, puffy ankles feet too, my Doctor just told me to put my feet up.
rubes
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia