[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Low Moment, Tiredness, Missing my Dad x

Low Moment, Tiredness, Missing my Dad x

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Low Moment, Tiredness, Missing my Dad x

Postby TNK* » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:59 pm

hi all, im having a bit of a moment, so just let me blather on.

im nearly 3 weeks post op and feeling pretty good, ive probably done a bit too much the last few days getting kids ready for going back to school starting college etc ...ive had a long day and im now shattered and as usual thoughts go to how much i miss my dad, he has been gone just over 5 years and it would have been his birthday next week, so ive just been having a bit of a sob!

Hubby is at work at the min so havent had chance to chat with him this evening, so thought i would bore you all with my troubles
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Low Moment, Tiredness, Missing my Dad x

Postby denys » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Jo most of us can understand those emotions you are having, I miss both my parents especially around family events, birthdays and Christmas added to the time of year is the tiredness and everything can just feel too overwhelming so sending you some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi

Can appreciate how you feel, I still miss my nan & grandad. My grandad had a stroke & died, my nan died the next day from a heart attack we said she died of a broken heart.

Funeral was a week before my 18th, ive never celebrated a birthday since that was 20 years ago.

I hate being so in touch with emotions the tiny things are enough to tip you over the edge especially when tired & in pain which invariably we all are most of the time.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 am

Hi Jo,

I hope you're feeling a bit brighter now.

My mum died 14 years ago and I miss her as much today as I ever did. I can't give you any words that could comfort you, but you must have loved and been loved greatly for it to hurt so much.

:hugs: Helen
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:12 am

I've had so much loss in my life...my dad was the last main person in my life to leave...I think him passing away was a catalyst for so many problems in my life now to surface
My mum died when I was 9 and my sister 6...that was 34 yrs ago at the end of next month...I was there and can remember it like it was yesterday. Her mum (my nan) died 12 yrs ago and that was a link gone to my mum. ..my grandad died just before her but he was a paedophile so nothing was mourned there! Mums 2 brothers popped off and that was more links gone.
Everyone seemed to stop dying on me for a while...dad was 66 hand had moved into a wardened bungalow he was over the moon and the happiest he had been in years....He went into a hospital with a bad back and a chest infection and less than 3 weeks later he died of blood poisoning?
I suppose it's all come to a head this week as the emotions from having the op are now getting too me....my aches and pains are returning as I do a bit more each day....and my youngest 2 children are off on their 1st days in college and high school today!
I'm just hoping all will calm down once today is out the way xx
Thank you all for listening x

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 am

My dad died in August 2007 (alzheimers) and Mum six months later. I just remember what my Dad used to say and that was to 'keep your chin up'.
My ex turned my kids against me in 1996, we got divorced and I've not seen them since - he promised them a 'new mother' ! How do I cope?, I have to in case they change their minds and DO want to see me and if they do I want to be as fit and able as I can for them.
Each year you will always feel the same, difficult I know but try and remember the good times, yes ? :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :needhug: :flowers:
Lindilou

Postby Lindilou » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 am

Come on guys, help me cheer TNK up :blowkiss: :flowers: :grouphug:
Lindilou

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:59 am

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:01 pm

We all do, it's natural to feel like this each time an anniversary comes around. Chin up chuck :grouphug:
Lindilou

Postby denys » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:51 pm

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: to both of you, Lindilou I pray your children will decide to check out things for themselves once they are able to and find a kind hearted warm mother waiting for them.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics