Moving and looking for hope:)

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Moving and looking for hope:)

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Well, for those that know me, quite a lot has happened recently that has culminated in me packing up and moving 230 miles just to find the right care for myself and my daughter, who is still on a waiting list 2 years later!!! :evil:

I guess my fear is, because my sick note ends on October 5th, will I have time to get to my new GP, register, actually get an appointment with someone who will listen, explain EVERYTHING that has happened, have them refill my prescriptions, and renew the note? I am thinking a small miracle will be necessary, but I am praying hard, and hoping with all my heart that I am doing the right thing. :-|

I am heading north to border country, and have been told that it has some of the best care in the country. I need some good luck soon, as if it wasn't for all my bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all! :pull-hair:

I am popping pain medication like candy, along with the fibro, migraines are rearing their horrible head (no pun intended), again. I keep pushing myself because I have to have the house packed and cleaned in only another two and a half days, but I am so afraid of crashing and not being able to do anything for days while I recover. :too-upset:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Moving and looking for hope:)

Postby zappa20 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 am

While you still have time might be an idea to book an appointment with your current GP , explain you're moving and ask him for an extra prescription for anything you and your daughter might need to tide you over, so at least there's no added stress from running out of any of your medications, etc.

Hope your move goes as well as possible and you enjoy your new surroundings. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:48 am

If you phone your old gp they can fax a script over to your new gp to issue
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:54 pm

good luck with your move and fresh start, hope it works out well for you.

one thing I would say from experience of recently moving is it takes a while for notes to come through from previous GP and my new GP wouldn't do much until he had my notes - yours might be the same. so like zappa said, best to get enough prescription from old GP to tide you over in the meantime.

and then get registered with new GP as soon as possible :-)

good luck.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks guys,

I hadn't even thought about getting a script faxed over. I know as a temporary registrant, the clinic was limited to what they would actually do for me while I looked for a house. Moving is nothing new (19 times in 44 years), but all my medications are different. I will still be here, looking and listening to everyone's tales:)
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services