[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Capsiplex...Weight Loss, Anyone Tried?

Capsiplex...Weight Loss, Anyone Tried?

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Capsiplex...Weight Loss, Anyone Tried?

Postby Graciebaby » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:25 am

zappa20,
You are right about medication having an effect on metabolism and weight gain. I started piling on weight when I was prescribed Pregabalin. Unfortunately I can't manage without it and have recently had to take an increased dose.
I'm not sure if anti depressants also have the same effect, I do take Duloxetine as well.
There is no doubt that as we get older, our body shape changes and there is a tendency to gain weight much more easily (particularly after the menopause)......
And of course, Fibro makes activity considerably more difficult, if not impossible for some.

Capsiplex, coupled with a healthy eating plan which one has to continue after target weight is achieved, may offer a starting block and incentive to those for whom diet and possibly increased activity have had no impact upon their weight issues.

I have no idea how much Capsiplex costs, it may well be far too expensive for me to even try it. I do however wish those wanting to give it a go, the best of luck with it and I would love to hear how effective it is and also any downside or negative effects it may cause (such as chronic flatulence or a purple tongue or something!!! :shock: :crazy: )

It is quite possible that those trying Capsiplex will be extremely reluctant to post about their experience with it, for fear that they will yet again have to read about diet and healthy eating on here, which as TNK* pointed out, is absolutely not what was asked for in the first post. I hope that this won't be the case, as I wish to hear about the pros and cons of Capsiplex.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:50 pm

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:39 pm

dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Im going to google this tomorrow when finish work, I used to take part in about 3 sessions a week of high impact training, since having to give them up and do less intense exercise I have seen the weight creep up over a period of time, I know about portion control, moving around more etc but it is a bit depressing when you try and get very little results. I always tried to blame medication, menopause and anything else but I genuinely believe now it is because I cannot do what I have been used to in regards to keeping fit and to be honest at 50yrs old im getting a bit tired of having to work out hard to keep the weight down. Let us know how you get on TNK, im intrigued!!
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:40 pm

Dazzle you need to eat more than 1000 a day. It takes more than that just to keep your body ticking over hun x Consider joining myfitnesspal. There are loads of people trying and losing weight. They are a wealth of knowledge on there. You most likely will make yourself very ill on those calories plus it isnt sustainable. I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I just want to help x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:46 am

zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:28 am

dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Exercise isnt the only route to the weight loss. You don't have to exercise to lose weight, just eat at a calorie deficit. Thought I would just plug the site as they really are very supportive. Lots of people from all over on there. Some people lose over 100 pounds, its amazing. Anyway, I wish you lots of luck hun x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:40 pm

5lbs off this week!!

not done anything different apart from take the pills each day, ive even had a couple of days in bed doing nothing as im full of cold

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:54 am

Sorry to hear about the yucky cold TNK, but brilliant news about the weight loss :-D

Please keep posting about progress,

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:38 pm

dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Thankyou, feeling a bit better today, took dogs for a walk and cleared my head out a bit and have just had a nap, am hoping for another bit of a loss next week and that it just wasnt a fluke x

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Weight Issues