I am thankful for my hubby!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am thankful for my hubby!

Postby whoami » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:37 pm

I felt really bad for hubby last night. It was not as though it was to be a special evening or anything. And average night, dinner then we sit and watch the telly for a while, chat about his day at work etc. Read together and then off to bed.

I had made an easy dinner, lazy man's cabbage rolls. A one pot meal, LOL. I was looking forward to it. I love the smell of cabbage and the taste. We had fresh crusty bread to go with it. A dish to warm your tummy on a cold, wet night.

Hubby came home, we chatted for about 15 minutes and then it hit. All of a sudden I felt sick. I went white, sweaty, severe pain in stomach and bowels. I fell to my knees with pain. I took some gravol as hubby filled the tub with hot water. He knows the routine, he didn't say anything, just got up and did it.

I was in the tub for an hour and a half, topping up hot water. As I sat in the tub I leaned over to vomit in the porcelain bowl as he had a cool flannel on my face and fresh water. Lifting me in and out as the other end demanded. Not once saying anything as a complaint, only trying to soothe my discomfort.

This happens every couple of weeks. I have severe pain, vomiting for about 4 hours and then it is gone as quickly as it started.

As I said, I felt so bad for my hubby. He never complains, I never have to ask for help, he just knows when to be there and what to do. He didn't get his dinner until 9 o'clock and that was after he reheated it.

I feel bad because he has to live with this illness as well has his own illnesses including putting his hand through a table saw and having surgeries and still dealing with it. He has had his share of illness in family also. His dad had MS, his sister spina bifids. Most of them diabetic, heart issues and three of them bipolar all living at home. Then he married me and 6 months later I get this. He has been there for over 25 surgeries with me, most with complications, stroke and cancer and never once uttered any complaint.

We sometimes forget about the others in the family that are living with this condition. Not being diagnosed with it, but still living with it. Let's give praise to those who stand beside us. My hubby has been beside me for 25 years of this. There are angels among us.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: I am thankful for my hubby!

Postby carolad » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Bless him, you've got a good one there! Hope you are feeling better x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:51 am

Hope you are feeling a bit better today whoami. Your hubby sounds wonderful and caring. We do often forget the difficulties our families have with our condition and I also am grateful to have a caring hubby. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Ah that's so sweet of him. Hope you feel better today.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics