[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - dumped again ...

dumped again ...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dumped again ...

Postby Joanne C » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:05 pm

. by a "walking buddy". i used to walk around the block with my dad, to try and get fitter, lose weight and such, even though walking hurt me like hell. today, my dad said, you go walk first, then i go after (we live in same house) ... then you can walk at your pace, and i can walk at mine ... just before he went out for his walk, he said that he would try a longer walk today .. feel gutted that i held him up, and now i gotta walk on my own ... reminds me of way back when, when i was at school, and had an op on my toe - part of the nail had to be removed and when it was growing back it really hurt so had to walk slowly ... my sister and friends eventually said sorry that they couldnt walk that slow ... :sorry:
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: dumped again ...

Postby clairefish » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Aaaw I really feel for you, its a nightmare, feeling less than all the time,I am in a better place about it than I used to be but it does take time and a lot of self love and forgiveness of yourself, please remember we may be unable to do a lot of the things the way we used to but we never stop trying despite all the pain and agony and put downs of other people, so I think that we are all incredibly brave strong and very special people, people without this awful illness wouldn't have a clue how to cope and would just give up, you keep going and hold your head up high (as long as it doesn't hurt to much) and take a huge pat on the back and very gentle hugs, much love, Claire xx
clairefish
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Sorry to hear what's happened, when it's a relative, it can seem so much more personal and cut even deeper :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Do you have any friends, neighbours or other relatives with a doglet who might appreciate you taking them for a walk or 2 thru the day??? Or is there a rescue not too far from you where you could possibly walk some of their canine lodgers???

All I can think of at the moment as I know being out walking alone isn't always a pleasurable experience :( :( :( :(

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Joanne C » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:00 pm

ok, well i posted a few days ago on facebook that i was at my heaviest, and wanted to walk more - totally unrelated to this topic ... as i was still walking with my dad then. an old school friend read my post, is also trying to lose weight, and has suggested we walk together ...!!!! result!!! I told my dad, and he was pleased, as he said he wanted to walk further and faster, but didnt want to upset me ..
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:55 pm

What a nice outcome for you, maybe it was one of this situations that was meant to turn out in this way :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Joanne C » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:20 pm

actually doesnt seem to be happening now ... i havent heard from schoolfriend for a while now ... last i heard from her, it sounded like she may have been trying to put me off, i dont know, maybe im wrong ...
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia