Bladder pain syndrome anyone?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bladder pain syndrome anyone?

Postby gibbo82 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Does anyone suffer from this & is it common for us fibro sufferers. I've always felt like I've had a sensitive bladder, but in the last couple of weeks I've been getting pain in my bladder area & pelvis area feels like a strained muscle & is sore. but I know it's to do with my bladder as the pain goes into my lower back & round the kidney areas. I'm not constantly going for a wee, but my bladder gets really painful when it gets to full (wakes me up in the middle of the night for example). It's painful just standing up after a while! :(

Anyone got any tips?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Bladder pain syndrome anyone?

Postby Becs531 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi, I'm afraid I have no tips but I have exactly the same thing. It's incredibly painful, especially on top of all the other pain!
Sending very gentle (((hugs))).
xx
Becs531
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks becs, I know this syndrome is common in females with fibro, but is it the same for males? I've been in pain on & off now for 2 weeks, is this common with this condition? It's annoying. It also gives me shooting pains in my bits!? :/
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby Fibrad » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:03 pm

I get the same - thought it was just me! No help, but glad to know I'm not alone or imagining it!
Fibrad
UKFM Member

Postby major64 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Yes men get it too. I do get it on occasion but not to your extent.
major64
UKFM Member

Postby richkez » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Hiya I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have had bladder problems for sometime I have never put the two together.

I to suffer with pain in the bladder area which does not go away after emptying it.
richkez
UKFM Newbie

Postby richkez » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:04 pm

just a thought for other men getting pain in that area it might be worth getting your prostrate checked
richkez
UKFM Newbie

Postby moe_d_uk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:51 pm

I suffer this as well and have done for at least 2 year. I drink cranberry juice when it flares up as it seems to help. Also increase my buscapan as it helps the spasms. X
moe_d_uk
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tel1 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi There

Yep I have had this for years, but over the last 5 years it is more noticeable :yikes: :yikes:
However. do what I did... go to your GP and ask for an ultra scan... they ask you to drink
loads of water for a couple of hours before you go for the scan, then they scan you, then ask you to
go to the loo, and then they scan you again.....I was told that all this is to do with Fibro as well...
so as mine was all ok, I would say that this bladder thing is Fibro related.... :-D
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Hello everyone

Yes, I have been having big problems with bladder pain for the last 14 months. My GP thinks I have Interstitial Cystitis, I now, after a long wait got an appointment to see a Urologist at the hospital in Demember.

The pain at times has been very bad, to,the point of feeling like contractions during child birth !! :( It feels like my bladder is in a spasm, with the pain being very low down on the left side of the abdomen. The only relief I could get was placing a hot water bottle there and strong painkillers.

I now take a low dose antibiotic every day, and this has helped in that the episodes are not so often. Caffeine is a bladder irritant, so I now only drink decaf tea and coffee, no carbonated drinks, and try to keep well hydrated with water.

Upon during further research and reading IC is quite common in fibro sufferers, as if we don't have enough problems already :(

Gilly
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia