[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - PIP - who here has got it? how long for the decision?

PIP - who here has got it? how long for the decision?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP - who here has got it? how long for the decision?

Postby MPSGuy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Has anyone here got PIP and if so how long did it take from your assessment to your decision letter?

I had the assessment last week that was pretty horrible. I felt like he was making me out to be a liar and it was stressful answering the same questions in different ways over and over.

The benefits and work self-assessment http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php suggests I am entitled, so if I don't get it I will appeal.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Re: PIP - who here has got it? how long for the decision?

Postby Ren22 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:00 pm

I need to apply but to be honest i'm too scared although I know I am going to have to in the new year :cry:
Ren22
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi it took 2 weeks to get a reply to mine but I was turned down waiting for mandatory reconsideration 10 weeks now
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby PMKing » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm not looking forward to being switched from DLA to PIP which is supposed to be so between here and April next year :yikes:

I hope not to offend but the assessors do not understand FBS and how much harm it can do, primarily because it is considered to be a lazy illness, quote DWP's own investigations at the behest of IDS in 2010. What many forget including sufferers is there is a basic premise for PIP and ESA.

ESA is only concerned with is there a possibility the applicant (sufferer) is able to make some sort of contribution to the workforce, the process does not take into account the difficulty FBS can cause, it totally ignores the fact that all sufferers suffer differently. There are some apparently, who do not suffer as badly as others and they could in theory be in the workplace. Nor does the system allow for the inevitable consequence of needing to take time out of the workplace, that being in reality there are not too many employers who would be prepared to let an employee have the necessary recovery time as and when needed.

PIP is only concerned with whether the sufferer can carry out basic tasks in the home environment or not as the case may be. or in an outdoor environment whether the sufferer is able to function independently. If the applicant genuinely cannot perform those tasks then they would be entitled to PIP. FBS being the variable and non predictable condition it is poses many issues for the system. The system must allow for the variability of the condition and the consequences of the impact it poses. It is however a fact that a sufferer who cannot perform those tasks for at least 16 hours a week should get PIP albeit at the lower level.

That premise is based on the inevitability that the sufferer would then require assistance and therefore has care needs as defined in the regulations for PIP. I am aware of fellow sufferers, not on this forum despite my suggesting they do, are not in receipt of higher level PIP because although it is recognised they are impaired for part of a week, and require care to get through those periods, they do not have sufficient care requirement for the higher level. I am also aware of one fellow sufferer who is in receipt of top rate DLA care and mobility as he is so severely affected, indeed it is very rare to see the poor guy outside, he only goes out with lots of help from a very good friend who has taken on the role of his carer. A friend indeed in so many ways!!

For the record I was supposed to be switched from Incapacity Benefit to ESA in August 2013, the forms were filled in and I'm still waiting for that to happen. I add that as I understand from one or two who have appealed a decision on PIP that it is not uncommon to be waiting for months.

For those who may be wondering why I am receipt of some benefits, I suffer from multiple issues, FBS is just one. Good luck to those who are appealing and those who are applying.

Regards all.

Pete.
PMKing
UKFM Member

Postby haywire » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:47 pm

I get Dla, have done since 2004. But that is for mental health issues not fms.
haywire
UKFM Member

Postby PolkaBunny » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:40 am

I get it, I got it first time this time last year. I was told it would be for two years but had to go back for yet another assessment on Thursday, to "check its all the same" and she said it all seemed a bit premature because nothing had changed so shes recommending im seen in 2.5 years, but she was really lovely and she said off the record she has a friend who has this condition and very few people understand how difficult it can be. She wrote loads down of what I said and kept saying "sorry im taking ages, I just want to write everything down" - and so few assessors actually do that, take the time to write as much as possible.

I currently get standard care and high mobility, I dont have any walking aids, wheelchair or crutches - it is possible to get PIP if you don't have walking aids.

Hope this helps someone have the confidence to go for PIP :)
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:00 am

I get enhanced for both. Had my decision a week after my f2f. Mind you I applied sept 2013 and had to wait until august this year for f2f.
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:10 pm

well I have weeks of waiting now, thinking about the assessment over and over.

I am not sure I have the energy to fight for an appeal if I don't get it.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:38 pm

My wife has an indefinite award of DLA High Rate mobility currently and we know that claimants with indefinite awards will be assessed for PIP anytime from October 2015 onwards. I think that she should be eligible for a rate of care but of course that's just my opinion.

This weekend I sat down to begin compiling a write up that will ultimately accompany her PIP application when the time comes. Its an approach that we successfully took with her applications for ESA and it basically sets out her medical history from birth to current day. It will feature multiple medical and non-medical support documents and photographs that will contibute to her claim. This approach presents the reader with a full and detailed picture of the state of health and leaves nothing to assumption or the imagination. What the outcome will be of course remains to be seen.

The reason i'm starting it now is that there is just such a volume of information that to leave it until she receives the application form would just end up putting tremendous pressure on us to get it boxed off in a relatively short space of time, and so we probably wouldn't do it justice.

Approaching it this way means we can box off the lion's share of it, and easily keep it updated between now and when the claim has to be made.

I've said it before on the forum, you're not restricted by the size of the application form. Send whatever you like with it, by recorded signed for mail, as that way you know they have it, and can consider the full picture.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:05 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Patsb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm curious as I was awarded low rate mobility some years ago for my agoraphobia and depression/ anxiety attacks.i have asked to be re asessed for dla. Since being diagnosed with fibro.will I have to havea medical? I sent the form in 8 weeks ago and received a text a week later saying they were dealing with my claim. I have o ly just claimed because I didn't know I could ask to be re. Asessed .i was diagnosed with fibro in March/April 2012.
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:03 pm

It's difficult to say if an assessment will or won't be needed. If the Decision Maker dealing with your claim feels that enough evidence and info has been included, then it may not be necessary for you to attend one. If they feel that there isn't enough evidence and info tho, then you could well be called to attend one.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby MPSGuy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:16 am

MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:57 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Patsb » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:44 pm

If I do need a medical they will definitely have to do a home one as since being diagnosed with fibro my agoraphobia has come crashing back and no way could I travel to wherever medicals are held. :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits