[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Making a claim for PIP

Making a claim for PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Making a claim for PIP

Postby noohoo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi I am new to the forum, but wanted to share my experience of applying for PiP.
It makes me choke when I hear the dwp say that applications are taking 26 weeks to process, utter nonesense.

My application was made on 1st September 2013 and without the intervention of my MSP I suspect I would still be waiting for assessment. I finally got a home assessment by ATOS on 19th June 2014. I did not request a homke visit, it was offered after my MSP got in touch with them.
I cannot fault the lady who came to do the assessment, she was kind and respectful.
I am still awaiting a decision from the DWP who have now had her report for some time. She assured me she would send it 1st class the following day and the DWP confirmed she was true to her word, they recieved it on 23rd June.
I have been phoning the DWP weekly since the report was received and am told simply to call again the next week.
I am trying desperately to hold onto my job which is becoming increasingly difficult as my flare ups are more and more frequent and prolonged, a factor I contribute to the stress and anxiety of this entire process.
The though of having to appeal fills me with dread and fear.
Today, I took the decision to write once again to my MSP, asking him to take a look at the length of time people are having to wait for firstly, the assessment itself and secondly, the decision time taken.

I would urge anyone going through this process to get their MP/MSP invlved if they are having to wait lengthy periods of time. I wish everyone luck and hope you all get the decision you need.
noohoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby jaqui45 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi guy's im fairly new here i just wanted to say that after a seven month wait of claiming for pip i had my face to face visit todayin the comfort of my own home i got the letter last friday to say that someone would call on the monday, i got myself so worked up because i didnt know what to expect anyway a lovely lady called in fact she was brilliant with me and very sympathetic she put me at ease straight away, when she had finished asking her questions she said she was going away to write a report and she also said she would help me as much as she could but its out of her hands when she passes the report on its all down to a points system and will take up to eight weeks to hear anything soooooo fingers crossed. :-)
jaqui45
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:01 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: everyone gets the right decision
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dolphintara » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:26 pm

hi every one
just a little note to say after months of hell I have been awarded pip got standard rate , but that's good enough for me as high rate for me is you cant do nothing yourself ,

and the other thing I became a nanny on the 16th sept , a grandson he is perfect and to be there when he was born was amazing even though took me a good week to get over it ,

the other thing had my mri last week they think my nerves in my back is the problem causing no sign of going to toilet , so mmight have to have operation to remove some disc to take pressure of my lower back ,

keep :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Postby thescream » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:34 pm

hi all i sent my claim for pip in August this year and i got a phone call from capita saying i have to go for an assesment and its a Birmingham i told him it was to far for me to drive and carnt get public transport as i carnt walk far and use a mobility scooter so they said i can have one in the place i live only 20 mins away so why try and send me to Birmingham i just don't know anyway its in 3 weeks time and I'm not sleeping very well i keep having dreams of not getting pip but i need high mobility to keep my car and if i don't have my car i will be housebound i don't think i could cope with that i don't go out much but i can go out when I feel up to it. I didnt expect to hear from pip till after xmas so am shocked its come round so quick i would like to know what happens at your assesment many thanks diane
thescream
UKFM Newbie

Postby paininthebum » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:37 pm

I have just read all your reply's and I must say it has helped me to understand what is coming! I've been waiting a while as the first date they gave me for my assessment was when I was away on holiday, I had told them this! The second appt. was cancelled by them and the third the assessor didn't turn up, so I'm hoping all goes well on the fourth attempt on the 20th Nov, fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone that is fighting for PIP. :pull-hair:
paininthebum
UKFM Newbie

Postby blondie56 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:30 pm

i had my pip medical this thursday,i rarely go out of the house due to severe depression & anxiety issues so we got a cab there (we have no car),i was stressed the whole way & wanted to pass out & then wanting to be sick,we left the cab & waited outside the building for a bit for me to calm down,waited around 15 minutes or so & then got called in for the assesment,the lady was nice,an ex nurse,
i had to move my arms out around & to the sides,then up & put my hands on my head,then push her hands away from me.
then lay on the couch thing,& try & lift my legs towards me & push her hands with my feet,that was the medical.
she asked me about my depression & anxiety problems,i cannot go out for months on end :oops: :oops: ,& she asked if i see any mental health team,no! because i can't go out! i only see my doctor occasionally for my high blood pressure,i was diagnosed in august with f.m by a rheaumatologist,i can't lift anything any more,my husband does all the shopping,cleaning & most meals as well as working,he's so good to me,do you think i'll get pip even though i don't see anyone for anything? i only went to the consultation for phsio i couldn't attend again because of my anxiety ,i have quite bad incontinence at times,another factor to take into consideration gggrrr! :roll: :roll: :roll:
blondie56
UKFM Newbie

Postby blondie56 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm

hi all,
i have been given pip! just two weeks after after my face to face appt as well,hope for us all,
good-luck every-one,fingers crossed for you all,xxx :-D :-D :-D
blondie56
UKFM Newbie

Postby w33lal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi all I had my pip meeting in my own home in October 14 I claimed in June this year and I got the great new of being awarded enhanced rate for both mobility and personal care in November . I wanted to share this as there is light (sometimes) at the end of the tunnel. I was diagnosed in 2006 but I only I found out about what support is out there thanks to Fibro UK.
THANK YOU this is the best place ever for support and understanding without being judged
w33lal
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:35 am

Hi all,

There is a fantastic group called Fightback UK. They will help with all your questions, also, on their website, there is comprehensive information as to what to expect at the assessment, and how to exactly fill out the forms. I found out through them, that I am eligible for a DR at my assessment due to my mental health, and I do not have to have an assessment at their convenience, but in my own home. I know a few fibro sufferers have posted on their site, so just throwing it out there and hoping they can help others on their journey.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby funnylady » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:43 pm

I just put CLAME in for pip waiting for my forms.
Looks like from what I read I might have a long wait after I send them off.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby Crochetta » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi
I need some advice on benefits. It seems I MAY be eligible for PIP. I have very debilitating fibro and just lately due to escaping an abusive partner and stress i have got much worse. In fact, am undergoing blood tests to check it's not something else.
I work part time, a really small amount of money. It seems too I am going to have to move out of my tied accommodation as i work for a charity and now I am really scared as they are stressing me out and making me feel terrible.I live with my friend and we help each other as we both have problems. We intend to continue looking after each other although we are not a couple if you see what i mean. Any advice is very welcome, feel like I am overwhelmed.
x
Crochetta
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:15 pm

HI and welcome :-)

Sorry to hear about your problems. You can claim for PIP if you have/need care and mobility needs.

Some one to help you move about/wash and dress you/feed you etc etc...

I would put in a claim and see how it goes.

Collect and send in as much evidence of your illnesses as you can like diagnoses, medications, therapies etc...

You can ask CAB to help you fill out the forms

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby nessie73 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:42 am

Thanks to this site I have today just applied for pip, never new I could claim as I work, but struggle everyday with the pain, aching joints, swelling, fatigue and more.
I hope all goes well as I have missed a lot of time of work due to this and am getting into debt because of it so the extra money would come in handy. Especially the mobility part, maybe I could then get a new automatic car as a manual is starting to prove difficult to drive.
nessie73
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits