[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello im back

hello im back

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello im back

Postby lala1980 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi sorry ive not been about for about a year or so ive been ill for about 15 months now ive had every test and scan known to man at first my gp thought it could be fibromyalgia with the amount of pain that i was getting from head to toe but i was also bed bound with fatigue on and off so my very nice gp said that i could have cfs/me so ive gone down that route for awhile i also have underactive thyroid and diabetes and my diabetes levels were all over the place but for the last 6 months there back on track im back to square one i think and this is only my own thoughts and feelings here ive not mentioned this to my gp cos i have learnt they don't like to be told what you think you have and to give yourself a diagnosis

I think its both fb and cfs/me im on alsorts at the moment amitriptyline 75mg that help so much
co-codemol 30/500mg or tramadol 50mg for when its bad and naproxen 500mg also some gel with the same ingredients i also have natural remedies like arnica lavender/eucalyptus and epsom salts,hot baths,heated wheat bag nothing helps with the fatigue but i muddle through because of my own fault not looking after my sugar level its taken time to get referred to the cfs/me clinic so finally ive been taking seriously but it was because of this ill that i lost control..
my symptoms are :
pain all over in muscle/joints
different types of pain sharp,deep ache,trobbing,buring,
odd sensation on my face and head its like something cold has touched me
not for getting the fatigue the feeling like you've not slept for a week
weakness in muscles all over sometime it hurts to pick things up
Restless legs
No energy to even lift my head or my hands
brain fog
anxiety and depression

Well i could go on but there the one that are with me all of the time i really hope your all as well as you can be gentle hugs to you all xx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Re: hello im back

Postby ixel-chick » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:34 pm

☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:41 am

Hello ixel-chick yes you are right its worth a try :) im hopeing i will get an appointment soon(haha) my gp said that they will more or less just give me a diagnoses so i will have a chat about fb.. and you are so brave to do it drug free well done cant have been easy at times and i am glad you are getting yourself back ;) you should be very proud of yourself im getting there but sometimes i fall and so i get back up and fight another day

Its funny you should mention palpitations cos iv had them on and off for only a few weeks now ive had a phone appointment with my gp she said that my thyroid was normal i do have slightly high blood and on med for that for a few months ?? And the eye floaters (when im going to sleep) ive them for so long id forget about them. Its very odd there are so many symptoms xx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:58 am

Good luck with getting an appointment - it's a complete pain in the behind. :-D Only chance I got with my local GP is calling in the morning, hoping someone's cancelled.

Not completely drug free (I wish!), I just don't want anything that masks all the problems, I'd rather fix the problem. :-D

I take one pill a day, and it's taken away all my pain. Still got the eye floaters, and my heart is still messed up... but I did had problems with the heart before the fibro, and during an echo they did find some damage to my heart.

I haven't had my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugars since April, but all three were high then. Did do a bunch of blood tests that was sent off all over the country late summer, incase I had some sort of bizarre infection of some sort that was causing all the problems, but they came back all clear (like all the other's I'd taken in the months up to that).

Still get the insomnia, still get the restless legs, but completely pain free, apart from the arthritis (fingers and knees). Migraines are gone too, so assuming they were associated with the fibro (I never used to have them before). Nausea is gone, and so's the fatigue. My head's still not completely clear, I'm still slightly foggy, but so much better. Then again, it might be the fact that my brain hasn't been used to think for about a year, and I need to kick-start it back into action. :lol:

And good luck when you finally get the appointment! Stand your ground! They see you for 20 minutes, once in a while when you get an appointment... you live with yourself 24 hours a day. When it comes to your body - you're the expert! They just need to help you find a way of fixing it. :-D
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello