Thrush

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Thrush

Postby kazza65 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:24 am

Hello

I'm just wondering if anybody has had an experience with Thrush. I have been really down and had a flare up but have taken any more medication than normal. I have had to go out of hours G.P this morning since i have been up most of the night been unable to swallow and unable to breath propally. I haven't taken any medication different.

The only thing that i have done differently is i have been drinking quite a few cans of coke a cola and eating a lot of mints.

If anybody has idea please and any idea's how i can get comfort and how i can get to eat something.

Thanks Karen
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Re: Thrush

Postby bluesmanpaul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm

Hey Karen

I'm no expert, especially with fm, but thrush was the 'tell' i had for diabetes. Just saw it on a poster in the doctors one day and it said if you get it all the time, have a diabetes test. I used to drink loads of pop.
If you've had a lot of coke/pepsi they are sugar loaded, also mints tend to be pure sugar unless sugar free haha
Won't hurt to mention this to your doc

Good luck
bluesmanpaul
UKFM Newbie

Postby laura.dorans » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:18 pm

I seem to be getting a lot of problems with vaginal thrush on 3rd lot of treatment now :-?
laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Postby thesse » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Try taking probiotic acidophilus, and also, have a bath with apple cider vinegar in it ( an ankle height bath, with about 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar).

I used to get thrush all the time, I would get a UTI, take antibiotics, then get thrush and it was so bad the nurse commented when I had my smear test (embarrassing!) and I just could not get rid of it.

I actually make water kefir now which provides a tonne of probiotics, but I still use acidophilus, apple cider vinegar and goats milk yoghurt as top ups, mainly because I like them!
thesse
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:57 pm

I have had vaginal thrush constantly for well over a year now. I get through loads of canestan cream. I don't drink pop or sugary drinks at all only tea.its driving me mad :evil:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services