[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Time to wait before assessment for ESA

Time to wait before assessment for ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Time to wait before assessment for ESA

Postby paulfoel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:04 am

Form went off just after Xmas so its coming up 3 months now.
IS this normal?
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Re: Time to wait before assessment for ESA

Postby Bazzingersteph » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:39 am

I'm not sure about ESA but when I applied for pip they told me it could take up to 16 weeks to get an appt for medical assessment although I had mine within a month of posting form so may possibly be the same time frame. Fingers crossed
Bazzingersteph
UKFM Newbie

Postby daisyp59 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:19 pm

I have been waiting since August for my assessment. They first told me it was a six month wait but when I rang them a couple of months ago they told me they are now a year behind! I hope yours is quicker than that x
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby lancashire-lass » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:32 pm

I waited 29 weeks from posting my forms to my assessment - it all depends which company has the contract for your area.
lancashire-lass
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Firstly got a phone call to tell me I was being changed over to ESA from SDA.
Forms arrived in early September 2014, was paid first payment Dec 2014, about 3 months.
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:06 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:07 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:10 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:18 pm

A few years back when i first started to claim ESA it was 14weeks. I was on the standered rate waiting which was around £50 a week and then they had to assess you within the 14 weeks and put you into a group if you passsed. So i was all done and dusted within 3 months but by the looks of the replies its all different now!

I know PIP is the worst! my daughter waited 18months for a medical and after all of that she was denied!! :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby raindaisyflower » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 pm

my claim for ESA started in July 2014..i finally had my appointment through for today 16 april 2015..all prepared , daughter at the ready..train cancelled, person hit by train. I live in the south east.

i rang straight away and they asked the centre if i will get seen today , and they said unlikely , so another appt was made for May . Yet to be seen if they stopped the payment, but i did get the young station master to print off a live update showing the train had indeed be cancelled.

at this rate my 365 days of esa contribution rate will end before i have been assessed!! :-o

sadly, someone is getting bad news. :(
raindaisyflower
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Now this is weird.

Applied for ESA Dec 2014 - Still waiting.
Applied for PIP two weeks - got appt in May!

Just doesn't make sense. ESA is the one we're more interested in to be honest. PIP was just the extra.
Completely nuts.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 pm

I've been on esa support related since june 2013 what does happen when its up i haven't had anything to do with reassessment. i have done a pip one last week the form came a yr after having pip but haven't heard anything from esa
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi,
I claimed ESA (C) last March (2014) and I'm still awaiting assessment (Assessment was due around June 2014)

I phoned and phoned and wrote and requested the help of my supposed supportive MP but I've got no where.

My last phone call to DWP in March 2015 was to confirm I will still be claiming for my NI stamp until the assessment is done and I'm continuing to send in medical notes.

There is almost a whole year of additional ESA I'm still to be assessed for and I'll be damned if I'm going to give u up on it (my mortgage arrears depend on it).

They still can't seem to advise what is going on as Atos were due to hand over the assessments to Maximus last Month so my assessment is now in the hands of another company.

I'm now struggling financially as I'm not entitled to Income based ESA, my partner works full time.

From what I can gather it's a postcode lottery - depending on how snowed under your nearest assessment centre is. I unfortunately come under Birmingham which as you can see is nearly 12 months behind. I asked if I could be sent to another centre and they said no.

Sorry I can't give a positive answer, my guess is most big areas have backlogs, so I hope you live somewhere not effected. Xx
clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Tue May 05, 2015 8:11 am

Thats just appalling. Of course, income related ESA runs out after 12 months - is that right?

So if you're still waiting for an assessment they just stop the money? Thats absolutely scandalous.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 05, 2015 9:17 am

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits