[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Scared about surgery

Scared about surgery

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Scared about surgery

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:17 am

Sue...do you know what type of infection it is? What did the the Dr say when he gave you the antibiotics?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Sue1968 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi whoami

No he didn't say what kind of infection, he just said give it until mon/Tuesday and if the antibiotics haven't kicked in, to go back and see him, for probable re admission to hospital for iv antibiotics. I can't get an appointment until Friday by then I'll be 2 days off them, the antibiotics are fluoxcilian 500mg 4 times a day. Been taking them since Thursday but still in an awful lot of pain. Just got my face on a wheat and lavender lag in the shape of a hippo, it's really soft. Apparently I should've been given lots of does n donts before I left the hospital and should've been told a soft diet, but I wasn't visited by the dietician as planned so not sure.

Enough about me, hope you are ok and not in the land of flare(my friend and I are there) it's what we call it when we are really in well

Sue
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Sue, call the surgery. Explain to them that the antibiotics are not helping and friday is too far away and you are almost done the antibiotic.

Tell them he wanted to see you mon or tues if things were not any better. Insist!!! I have had many serious infections and the medication should have been working by now. Being off them for 2 days will interupt treatment and you may as well start over.

Keep in touch.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Sue1968 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi whoami

I did insist and I did say that he needed to see me again mon/Tuesday but it fell on deaf ears, I was told I'd have yo see a different dr who has never seen me before and who might not have the same view, I prefer to have continuity of care and see only one or two drs. So I'll phone again tomorrow and ask again, but I'm not holding my breath, if u know what I mean, I spoke to a registrar from the hospital this evening who said was unusual to get infection might just be swelling from trauma of the op. He asked who had dx me with the infection so told him my GP . He's agreed to give me more pain med and anti inflammatory tablets so that's a start, I'll keep u posted, I'm not sure how yo IM you on this forum. Any ideas?

Sue
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 pm

I think you can only PM somebody.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: Scared about surgery -update

Postby Sue1968 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi folks, I hope that you are all ok, as can be expected with our friend fibro with us. I'm due for more surgery on 26 th may, I'm going in the night before and staying at least 1 night after. I've changed companies recently so my symptoms have quietened down considerably. My surgery is on my knee, from when I fell down stairs last year ive damaged my knee considerably so they need to see how badly damaged it is. Im petrified about surgery, as I don't think my consultant believes me about my fears about the pain exasperation after the operation. I'm seeing the anaesthetist on the 20th, so im going to ask if I can have pcd (patient control drugs) and as much iv pain meds as possible.
I'll keep you posted
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Re: Scared about surgery - update

Postby Sue1968 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:10 am

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I have had my surgery on my left knee, I'm still having a lot of pain and problems. I'm going to hospital today to have a loop recorder procedure as I keep falling, also I get sharp prolonged periods of left chest pain, so need to find out why? More that likely due to my best friend fibromyalgia. So I've been told I need to have the loop recorder procedure to find out why I'm having symptoms of the bizarre kind. Will further update everyone if they decide whether this is the cause. I'm off to the hospital this morning.
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:05 pm

Good luck! Sue, I hope that they get you sorted out soon.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Hope it gives you some answers Sue :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems