[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi from Blaenau Gwent...

Hi from Blaenau Gwent...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi from Blaenau Gwent...

Postby Dubstop » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi all,
I live in Crumlin, not far from Blackwood and Pontypool.
I have been diagnosed with Fibro about six months ago.
I can manage the pain okay most days but I get a lot of problems with "brain fog", I am a computer programmer and have been unable to work for the last couple of months because of it.
I have recently separated from my wife and now live with my dog and cat!
I like fantasy and sci-fi books and films. I also enjoy gardening when I can manage it and spend a lot of time on my playstation when I can't.
Not sure what else to say.... I would love to hear from anyone who has any advice on brain fog....
Dubstop
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi from Blaenau Gwent...

Postby Icarus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi Dubstop,
I am so sorry to hear you're unable to work and that you have separated from your wife!

Have you ever heard of an author called Mary Brown (she used to write fantasy - she's my adopted mother's late mother)

If you play PS3, you're more than welcome to add me!

I've found that doing puzzles can sometimes can help with my memory but in terms of brain fog, I'm not 100% sure of what can help :( but I'm sure one of the people here will have some tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby SMCS3813 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi! I'm in South Wales, near Llantrisant just off junction 34. I'm undiagnosed as yet, but fibromyalgia is the consultants thinking, everything else has to be ruled out first - as I'm sure you know!
The brain fog is something that's incredibly hard to deal with, personally, I find that writing helps. Just writing little notes and 'tips and tricks' for yourself. May sound silly but works for me.
Sorry to hear about your wife, you're in good company with pets though.
Take care
SMCS3813
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dubstop » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks to you both, I do write notes, I also use Google Keep an lot, you can create bullet lists and cross them off as you go, you can also add reminder alarms. This is great for everyday life but unfortunately doesn't help me with work...
Feel free to ad me on the ps3 Icarus, I'm just dubstop on there.... I have a plus membership so I'm usually playing what ever Sony have decided to give us for the month!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Dubstop
UKFM Newbie

Postby clairbear » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi Dubstop,

Welcome to the forums - So sorry to hear about your home life - nothing's ever made easy for us.
I worked mainly in database / crm programming up to when I had to leave work, the last few weeks of work were tedious for me, I would literally sit and cry as a normal macro or formula would frazzle me and I got so frustrated so I know where you're coming from with the fog at work.
I really like word puzzle games so when my fingers and fog allow I love to sit and play games to get the brain and my vocabulary back up to speed since all I seem to say is "Get down" - "No" - "Move" to my 2 cats all day - none of these score that high on scrabble :-D !
:cat2:

I only go on the Playstation to play singstar - closet rockstar over here 8-)
otherwise I'm a Playstation COD widow, especially when new games come out!
So not looking forward to November when the new COD arrives, you never know the PS might lose the power lead around release date!

Clair x
clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:22 am

OMG I am so jealous.

I'm a gamer too. It's what I do, what many of my friends who now live too far away to see often in person do. Hell, it's what millions of folks do, it hasn't been a 'kids only' thing since... I dunno, the millennium at least.

BUT... it's not what I do... I've had osteoarthritis, steadily getting worse for 20 years and the symptoms at least of Fibro for approaching 10 (hasn't been confirmed, fell out with GP who 'doesn't believe in it') I have the great misfortune of having to live with my mother, father and younger brother in my mothers massive but hoard filled house (out of 20 odd rooms only 5 are really usable the rest filled with junk. That's my mothers illness...)

My family have the most s****y attitude I could imagine. I haven't met anyone on these forums that have to put up with what they put me through... I recently had to move back after 17 months away and already in 4 months, components/symptoms of my ills that I had successfully vanquished are back, mainly stress, anxiety and with them anger, impatience and depression (for which I've refused to take antidepressants anymore on the grounds that I won't take fake happiness pills to make up for a state of affairs that should not be)
On my better days though I still hurt and feel the strain I still do chores (made much harder due to the awful state of the house) My mothers student lets still get cleaned, decorated and maintained. I still help her with her hoard/junk collecting runs arranged with ppl on freecycle even as late as 9pm some nights (if I didn't she might hurt herself attempting to carry yet another washing machine for example that she doesn't need, can't make use of and has no room for on her own... It's way past out of control and I would rather she were an alcoholic or junkie, it would be easier to deal with) They know all about Fibro/OA btw, they just don't care... I love them and hate to bear a grudge but they make me want to die sometimes.

What do I get in return? Ppl walking past my room when I'm in muttering 'lazy c***' because I got up late after having yet another bad nights sleep and having to take painkillers for the pain and then waiting for the drowsiness to pass. On days when I have a flare up I'm not offered food or drink, I'm even warned against leaving my room to use the toilet so I have to always have a bottle handy... I get my time and what little energies I have constantly drained away until time and again there is nothing left for me and worse, I'm turning into an angry, intolerant, impatient person with little time for compassion/sympathy for others under all this strain which is the most awful thing I have to be conscious of every day because that black-mooded man isn't me...

The last time I got to play my PS4 was first week of May because I'm either too stressed/anxious/p***** off with things or I've got fibro fog/pain which means I can't focus (especially for strategy games on PC which require a modicum of analytical thinking at the least) I've actually been trying to learn about PC building this year so I can build my own, save money and feel proud about learning something that I might use if I ever become well enough to work (been signed off for years. GP says I should leave, physio and pain consultant say I must pace myself better no matter what. I don't have options for either) I often get to switch on and games get as far as the menu screen for a few hours before I switch off again, disgusted. I'm on benefits which isn't an ideal situation but the days of my life for better or worse should be under my control. I would literally give a sizable portion of my leg for the stability and security to game and just enjoy things in life.

I've actually half a mind to destroy my consoles (if I can't use them nobody will) and go ahead and build this PC anyway (I like the learning/creative process) and see if I ever get to use it. If nothing changes I'll lug it downstairs and pee in it, see if it gets a more favourable reaction...

So yeah, I'm jealous...
Anyway, don't be offended by this post, it's not meant to have a go at anyone I just need to rant sometimes (like every day)
If anyone cares to look me up I'm on PS4, Xbone and Steam as TheAlmightyProo
And next time you're kicking butt in a game have a thought for me and f*** some s*** up on my behalf...
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 am

clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:06 am

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:07 am

Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:08 am

To anyone who would like to add me on PSN (I have PS3): KarevJSparks. Or Xbox Live (Xbox360): k0815148

Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby Dubstop » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Yeah, I also have times I can't play, my hands tend to get better throughout the day, not always but normally...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Dubstop
UKFM Newbie

Postby TheHud » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:17 pm

I can't even use a mobile phone or open a bottle or door :( No chance with anything that requires speed, every movement is delayed.

I am going to a hand and wrist place on thursday to see what they can do with my lumpyness, the things grow down my fingers and turn my fingers into claws. I have removed a few myself (before my left arm went spastic and dead) and others I have broken up, but tendons are kapput.

Feeling sorry for myself@birthdaytomorrownopartythisyear.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Icarus » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:39 am

TheHud

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:02 am

TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 am

Hey TheHud.

Happy Birthday!

Have a bestest ever one!