[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi, would like some opinions before Hospital tomorrow

Hi, would like some opinions before Hospital tomorrow

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, would like some opinions before Hospital tomorrow

Postby Topcat0001 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:56 pm

Hello All :)

I am not sure if I have fibromyalgia and would like some advice please as I am going to see a Rheumatologist tomorrow and a little nervous as to what he may say!!

I have a variety of symptoms that people say is my age (49 but still have regular cycle) I feel like I am a hypochondriac, imagining things and always saying someone has made a voodoo doll of me as the symptoms are so random. I have had so many blood tests in the last few years everything always normal except when Vit D and iron was low. At Xmas I was ill and white blood cell count was rock bottom but a few weeks later it was on its way back up again.

If I list my symptoms can any of you relate please, I have read about Lupus, ME/CFS and Polymyalgia and dont seem to fit those groups.

1. Chronic pain under my rib cage both sides, front & back and shoulders. Worse at night I wake up every time I turn over and I get a weird pulse/twitch feeling under my ribs if I lay in a certain position. When I get up in the morning I am stiff and feel like I have been doing a work out all night,lifting kettle etc hurts my rib cage. This wears off as the day goes on but if I turn or stretch a certain way it is there, been like this for five months now. I had it before for a whole year and it went away for about 6 months, cant link it to anything.

2. Neck pain and stiffness, neck clicks and crunches and as an example a few weeks ago I had to take minutes in a meeting for about 90mins, I could barely move my neck for days after and was in a lot of pain.

3. Lower back pain (but an MRI revealed 3 bulging discs a couple of years ago so put that down to back pain)

4. Random aches an pains sometimes like muscle aches, sometimes like a stabbing shooting pain, not all the time maybe once or twice a day, wrists and fingers are often most affected, knee and elbow joints can be really painful one day and fine the next.

5. Plantar fasciitis in both my my feet for the last 19 months, physio made it worse.

6. Tiredness but I put that down to never having restful sleep, I will push myself through it but sometimes cleaning the whole house or cutting the grass can make me feel so over whelmed with tiredness its like when I had glandular fever and I feel tearful with it.

7. Hair shedding (TE/CTE) for last 6 years, GP thought it was down to low Vit D and iron levels as everytime I stopped the supplements levels would plummet but been taking supplements for over a year non stop now and hair still shedding (lost about 50% of hair evenly all over).

8. Nails dry and large ridges

9. Eye sight getting worse, lenses dont seem to work as well and feel dry in my eyes, night driving is quite difficult now (again not sure if this is due to tiredness) eyes water a lot too but again (tiredness)

10. I clench my teeth a lot even broke a tooth due to this but I have done this for years

11. IBS but had this for many years also and it comes and goes mainly stress related and certain foods can trigger this,

12. Intolerance to noise, always had this but its getting worse (age?) heightened sense of smell, always had this too but its getting worse some smells seem so strong I feel sick

13. Ringing in the ears comes an goes

I think that is most of them, told you I sound like a hypochondriac :-?

So, after going to my Doctors on and off complaining about the rib/shoulder pain for the last two years and all blood tests keep being normal my GP referred me. I am not sure what worries me most being diagnosed with something or told there is nothing wrong as I do feel like I am going mad at times. I know I am no spring chicken and tbh since having glandular fever about 25 years ago I dont actually feel like I ever fully got all my energy back but I am sure I should have more energy than I do.

I would be so grateful for any opinions please :)
Topcat0001
UKFM Member

Re: Hi, would like some opinions before Hospital tomorrow

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:57 pm

:welcome:

Uggh I had done a long reply and *POOF* it disappeared :pull-hair: :facepalm:

So in a nut shell :lol: as my hands are aching now :roll: Yes a lot of your symptoms do seem that of fibro.

I would also look at info on Costochondritis http://www.fibromyalgiatreating.com/how ... e-related/ & T.M.J http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/overlappi ... s/tmj.html
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Topcat0001 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Thank you for the reply :)

I dont seem to have those symptoms. Hiopefully will get some answers tomorrow. I am sure people think I make it up as I never take time off and carry on as normal, on top of that I stubbed my toe yesterday and it looks broken just to add to the pain :shock:
Topcat0001
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Topcat0001 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Ah ooops sorry :oops: I was referring to the things I dont have lol

I will let youni ow tomrrow, I have written everything down. Thanknyou :)
Topcat0001
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello