[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Anyone else overdone it?

Anyone else overdone it?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone else overdone it?

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi guys,
Christmas time is my absolute favourite time of year, I love the music, the lights, the decorations. Everything really! In my excitement to do everything I wanted for Christmas (light switch on, market etc) I've massively overdone it and am in so much pain. I'm still very excited for Christmas though but wish I didn't have to ration my enthusiasm.
Anyone else overdone it?
Gentle hugs xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone else overdone it?

Postby Phedre » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:08 am

Hi
I seem to never find a decent balance. I'm either doing far too much (which I think is pathetically minor amounts compared to my life before fibro) or in bed, there seems to be no in between.
The real killer is that the less I do, the less I find I can do later! It's a vicious circle.

The one thing I find helps me is hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I attend a chamber in East Grinstead.

Hope you wake with many more spoons xx
Phedre
UKFM Newbie

Postby paulfoel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:07 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:46 pm

yip definitely over done it, been up and down the road due to motherinlaw in hospital and then taking presents its a 4 and half hour journey each way so we always stay at least one night, then home yesterday again and up this morning to be fooled by a body that said yehhh im feeling great, went a wee walk anc collected fir cones for the fire then decided i was gonnna chop kindles just in case we lose power with the forecast storm! well i stopped and put axe away and took the shakes half way back up the garden so it was the sofa for the next two hours till they stopped, but been and put my camera out in the cold to try and capture aurora photos and the cold is killing me tomorrow i know i will be on teh sofa all day Im so lucky I can often do stuff and manage most of the day but i just cant do it day after day! I try to pace but some days i just have a massive brain fart and go crackers doing stuff, its like once i start i cant stop i get an adrenalin rush and cant sit still longso i cram as much in as i can and look forward to a day in bed and in pain (not) but hey at least stuff is done lol
hope you all have a happy and reasonably pain free xmas
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:25 pm

I love the hustle and bustle of Christmas but I'm definitely pacing myself. It's so important to take time to relax. Today I'm watching a movie, snuggling with my cats and eating chocolates :-)

Merry Christmas everyone :-D

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 am

Hi All

I'm getting better at "listening" to my body and pacing myself.
Sometimes, we have no option but to bash away. But if we don't have to, it's important to take time out for ourselves.
No point "doing ourselves in" and ending up crippled for a week.
I truly feel for parents who have FM, and young children - must be totally exhausting. At least I can park my bahookie and chill when I feel tired.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:47 am

My power wife did overdo it too. I feel so sorry for her. Shes having a rough time at the moment.

All made worse by my selfish dad (see my other post) unfortunately, who seems to try to monopolise my time at the moment.

I just wish my poor wife would moan a bit more but she just wont.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia