What Help Can I Expect From Housing?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What Help Can I Expect From Housing?

Postby becbob » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi, I currently live in a 3 bed house. I am on the council bid list for a 3 bed bungalow but in 3 years only 2 have come up and I wasn't offered them. I am on swap sites but have had no luck.
Today I sent an email to my housing association to ask if they could help me in anyway. Someone is coming out to me on Monday but what help can I expect of him?
I have 2 daughters who live with me, one is 18 so will hopefully be leaving soon. I haven't asked for any adaptions to be done as I don't want to waste tax payers money. I ideally would like a 2 bed bungalow once my eldest leaves.
Just looking for advice on what to do next. TIA.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: What Help Can I Expect From Housing?

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Trouble is there are very few bungalows to other types of accomodation and when one comes available they look into who has the greatest needs no matter how long they have been on the list. Have you filled out a medical form?

In my area bungalows are only allocated now to over 55's

Other people in need of ground floor tend to get flats OR have their houses adapted.

I assume the housing officer will explain your chances of getting a bungalow and if for you its too long then will chat about other options like adaptions and ground floor flat.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia