Your expert advice on my symptoms please

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Your expert advice on my symptoms please

Postby Weazie189 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:57 am

Hi, I'm Paula I am 48 and have been experiencing chronic lower back pain for 8 months now, it is at its worst first thing in the morning, but improves once I'm up and about, if I walk too much or stand too long it becomes very painful.I am currently going to physio for this, Back pain is my biggest symptom, but also have been experiencing other symptoms, I have recently developed a painful neck and shoulder, which also gives me pain in my upper arm, I sometimes wake up with flu like symptoms where my whole body aches, especially in my legs, I experience fatigue which can affect me for weeks at a time and then I have periods where I'm not affected at all. I also have body twitches and I sometimes jerk. I have also been suffering with IBS and acid reflux.
I would appreciate your thoughts on my symptoms, and if any of this sounds like fibromyalgia. Thank you
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Re: Your expert advice on my symptoms please

Postby Weazie189 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:20 am

Thanks for your reply,
The only symptom i don't have every day is fatigue, that can come and go, all other symptoms are daily, my back pain is getting me down, and doctors won't do any imaging to diagnose it, the back pain started as a simple back ache, but has got worse as times gone by,
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Postby Weazie189 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Thanks I am already going to physio, they want me to strengthen my core muscles, so exercisibg daily and I'm doing back classes once a week. Not convinced this is getting me anywhere though. I have been doing the exercises for months now, and have 3 more classes to do at physio, I'm hoping they will reassess after that, do physiotherapists deal with fibromyalgia?
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Postby Weazie189 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks for your reply, I'm very frustrated that I can't get a diagnosis, it may not even be fibromyalgia, maybe arthritis,who knows.
If I could get a diagnosis then I could move forward and deal with the pain I'm experiencing.
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Postby Weazie189 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:02 am

I forgot to add that yes I am under NHS physio, and the doctors have only done some routine blood tests nothing else. I was waiting for my physio to end before returning back to the doctors.
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Postby Weazie189 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 pm

I returned to the doctors today as in so much pain, I had bloods taken, I know they are checking for RA, what else would they check? Also need to be reassessed by my physio therapist asap, booked in for July 18th but trying to get it sooner.
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Postby Weazie189 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Ahhh ok she did say there may be more tests following these ones

Thank you so much for your knowledge and advice x
Weazie189
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia