[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - pain in the neck

pain in the neck

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain in the neck

Postby derekh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:02 pm

i have athritis in the neck and spine and also spondylitis does anyone else have this and how does it affect you ?
derekh
UKFM Member

Re: pain in the neck

Postby gillshutt » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:17 pm

I have OA in my neck, lower back, hips, hands and knees :( The FM makes it ten times worse.. I get bad headaches and the pain goes right down in to my left arm. I take gabapentin which does help.. couldn't use my left arm much before I took it.

I also find I have to sleep on my back as it's the only way I can lie without my neck hurting.. memory foam pillow helps a bit.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:16 am

I have your prob,with arthritus also in my feet on top of everywhere else.I cannot bend down to a cuboard without getting stuck,sometimes you just cant avoid low cuboards,so when i do bend,not only does my back stick,when i come back up i get virtigo.this virtigo started a couple of years ago,which is due to neck problems like yourself derek.I also find i cannot kneel down anymore,even though the arthritus is not in my knees.I cannot sit in a chair without arm rests,thats really painful.I cannot sit with my lap top on my knees,due to looking down hurting.I cannot stand still long,i have to keep moving.because standing still brings on the worst type of pain,it starts in my back,and spreads,.I cannot sit long in the same position,i figit non stop.Due to pain.I hope this anwsers your question.Its hard to seperate this from the fibro,but i know now which is which.I should also add,ive had fibro over 20 years,and the latter promlem,the last few years.Ive had backake for as long as i can remember.Hot baths help,hydro therapy is the only thing to have ever helped in real pain relief.I also keep moving around the house,and try to walk outside every day.whats going on with you derek? Are you trying to seperate the the 2 conditions,it is very hard to not lump it all as fibro.According to scans ive had,they show only slight damage,and wear and tear,but it certainly doesant feel like it.Its the combinations of conditions thats causeing me grief and added pain. But hey, on we go ay?...its crap,isant it,...........cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby gilly54 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 pm

I have arthritis in my neck, lower back adn feet. The pain in/from my neck drives me crazy. I have to sleep on my side ( left better than right) if I wake up on my back I have the headache from hell all day. I suffer terrible headaches 99% of the time because of my neck. Also get the dizzies too, have to be careful not to fall. Also have to be careful with sitting at PC etc, position has to be right or the pain gets worse. :evil:
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:49 pm

OMG Cat you've reminded me of the getting stuck and then getting dizzy.. it happens in shops a lot as what I want it always on the top shelf or the bottom shelf and I can't do wither without the dizzies and the bottom shelf I'm there trying to leaver myself back up again... I'm sure people think I drink :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby jasongoodall » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:43 pm

Cervical Spondylosis
i have this in my neck
the headaches i get are really bad always left sided same place
was sent for mri of neck and head and thats what it came back with .
once it starts which is like every 3 to 4 days
that day is just a mess ,tablets ,wheat bag ,resting .
jasongoodall
UKFM Newbie

Postby cat123 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:43 am

I know what you mean about low shelving in shops,im 5,ft 8,its a long way down to the bottom shelves,knowing its going to be a dizzy spell just to get what ever you want off those low shelves.Ive tried to avoid this by keeping my knees together and not bending,but its no use,i still go dizzy.Ive even tried the foot shuffle,pulling stuff off bottom shelves,with my feet!that doesant work either!!!But im very handy for passing stuff off high shelves for little old ladies.As long as its not heavy.Supermarkets make mountains out of cereal boxes dont they,little old ladies just have to wait for someone tall to come along and help...............cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 pm

i have the opposite problem, im just a smidge under 5 foot
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:41 am

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:58 am

gill thts what were here for!!! rant away,we all do often enough!!!
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby princess P » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 am

I have arthritis in my neck which causes really bad muscle spasms, i have had it for 10 years early degeneration of the cervical spine i think the g.p. called it and that was from the time i was 21. its pants. Im getting acupressure physio on it at the moment but wear a neack brace when i need to and use a wheatbag ...i think the heat is more of a comfort. Its a lot of pain to take in at once when you have pain everywhare else t oo:cry: :!: I hope you feel better soon.
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby lynne » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Since reading the posts' that everyone writes about I have now really begun to accept fm.I have athritis in my spine,neck ,feet and sciatica.It seems that everyday things i could do now have become very painful and to be honest i have had to write a daily routine out and stick to it.Shopping on my own is a nightmare as the more you buy ,the heavier your bag !!I am in the middle of a flare,about three days now,just want to curl up and cry.Just wanted you all to know i think about you all everyday and without this site don't honestly know where i would turn.

Lynne x :cry:
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:05 am

I have alot of pain in my neck, shoulders etc. I have nothing wrong ie i am very lucky i dont have any arthritis, or anything serious like that. Mine is JUST muscles.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:59 pm

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems