shoulder blades

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

shoulder blades

Postby shazq » Sat May 09, 2009 3:19 pm

I have been having problems with back ache for a while now, but my pain has moved to my shoulder blades, i have a throbbing pain that is there all the time, but the pain also travels down my spine, also the back of my neck aches, causing me to have a headache.
Cant get comfortable, just don't know what to do about it, my pain meds have not worked.
anyone else have pain like this? what do you use it help ease it?.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: shoulder blades

Postby Ruremi » Sat May 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi Shaz
Don't know if it is the same pain but I get sore left shoulder blade, down left arm and up to my neck and a bit of a headache I use a hot wheat bag across back of neck and over shoulder. It is a bit like an ache and tightness type of pain. :dunno:
Hope it helps or you find something soon. :hugs:
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 09, 2009 7:37 pm

thanks Ruremi :hugs:
My OH has rubbed some deep heat on my shoulders, dont think it is doing much but worth a try.
i must get a wheat bag, i have a hot water bottle which i use lots of my stomach pain.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby groovy_chick » Fri May 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi shaz, I get this quite a lot mainly when am really tired or stressed or slept funny or did lot of driving or sat on computer too long or....sometimes it gets so bad I can't lie on the affected side for few days or wakes me up at night if I accidently roll on that side :roll: it tends to travel up my neck to my jaw and behind my eye and it's hideous. I have lot of trigger points in my trapezius so that doesn't help, also have bad posture so that doesn't help either :oops: . My physio did some acupuncture on my worst shoulder/arm and although I only tolerated it for a short while it seem to have made the problem a bit better. My exercise instructor also showed me some shoulder streches and I need to be doing them (preferrably all the time lol) when I feel the pain/stiffness coming on. Heat pack also helps or hot shower blasting my shoulders/neck.

:grouphug:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 15, 2009 3:29 pm

thanks groovy.
i have it most days now.
i got my letter yesterday for the next pain clinic, its in june, got to go for 8 weeks, 2 hrs at a time, so hoping that they will give me some advice.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gill » Fri May 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi Shazq
I have pain in my left shoulder blade and up the neck.I get it when im sat at the computer lol.Its a very strong pain,which i would describe as also a crawling and burning sensation.Ive been having this right since the beginning of this illness-11 yrs ago.The only remedy i also have is a heat pack with lavender or olbas oil shook on it. I find the pain and sensation quite bad,and it has got me down over the years.Sorry i cant recommend anything else. Gill.
gill
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri May 15, 2009 7:47 pm

My neck is gone again and that gives me pain in left shoulder and arm - its all muscular pain too
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri May 15, 2009 7:55 pm

gill wrote:Hi Shazq
I have pain in my left shoulder blade and up the neck.I get it when im sat at the computer lol.Its a very strong pain,which i would describe as also a crawling and burning sensation.Ive been having this right since the beginning of this illness-11 yrs ago.The only remedy i also have is a heat pack with lavender or olbas oil shook on it. I find the pain and sensation quite bad,and it has got me down over the years.Sorry i cant recommend anything else. Gill.

perhaps it is me being at my lappy for longer periods of time.mmm..
OH put some deep heat on it for me, it did help a bit. but you are right gill the pain is very strong.
the memory mattress is helping, i don't wake up as stiff as i used to, still in pain of course, but the mattress is a winner. OH loves it. i will try some lavender oil, do you rub it on your skin or is it just for the bath?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby armanisgirl » Fri May 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi Shaz,

I've had this on and off for a long time. It's almost like 'frozen shoulder' kind of feeling with me, but runs into my neck and causes the most awful 'tension' kind of ache at the base of my skull. I think that it's caused by the muscles and tendons, and that physio may be able to help with some gentle sretching exercises. Depending on other health conditions you have, it may also be spondilitis, which would need to be scanned or xrayed for a definitive answer. Anti-inflammatory meds or gels may help if it's muscular, along with the exercises, and I believe exercises would also be recommended if it was spondilits, coupled with prescribed meds.

Hope you find relief soon, as I know that kind of pain can be very sore :hugs:
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 16, 2009 2:08 pm

thanks for your replys, off to plymouth next week, so if i still have it will go to see my GP.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gill » Sat May 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi Shazq
I sprinkle the lavender oil a few drops on the heat pack before i warm it to put it on the upper back/shoulder blade.Hope your trip goes ok...Gill
gill
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 16, 2009 10:36 pm

thanks for that gill.
think i might take some heat packs with me, just in case.
taking my hot water bottle, you know what it is like stayng in a caravan in england...coldddd.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems