[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Complaint against GP

Complaint against GP

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Complaint against GP

Postby shrimp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 pm

hi all

not sure if this is in the correct place or not......?

i went to my GP so many times about the symptoms i was getting due to fibro - the main problem being weak hands........i was fobbed off from its all in your mind, nothing wrong with you, its your endometriosis blah blah blah............finally saw 3rd gp and she referred me in nov 08 to rheumy and here i now am.......

i started going to gp;s in march 07 - after dropped jug boiling water and just knew it wasnt right....saw both the mr and mrs at the surgery........

i feel so angry that they didnt listen to me, and in march 08 my gny told me to tell my gp to refer me to rheumy to which gp said what does he know he is only gny..........

i feel that if i had of got diagnosis over a year ago then i might now not be at the stage i am....ie not being able to be a proper mum to my 2 yr old twins - i cannot bathe them, i cannot pick them up and dance round the room with them and silly stuff and it breaks my heart and my partners heart and trying to explain to 2 yr old that mummy hurts and cant pick you up cos she hurts all over and hasnt the strengh....doesnt work well.....

i will not be fobbed off that the mr gp didnt know what fibro was as mate of mine goes there and she has cfs/me and is totally backed up by him.

anyway, have drafted a letter to go to the manager at the health centre.........has anyone else done this?.......and what results did you get?

thanks for listening
shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Complaint against GP

Postby Cuddles6 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi Shrimp, I am a newbie but would like to welcome you. :welcome:

I have found this forum a wonderful source of support.
I have suffered for about 12 years with this illness and all the pain and problems it has caused. . I was palmed off with various medicines and reasons for my symptoms, hormones, old age (in my 40's at the time), stress etc etc ... My doctor even mentioned fibromyalgia but I didnt understand what he was talking about so didnt take any notice. I found out by looking on the internet. I have a new doctor now and I am going through the stages of diagnosis. This can be very lengthy as it is more a case of proving what it is not.
I cant understand why it does seem to be something that the GP's hide, perhaps because it was so controversal in the past.

I personally havent got the energy to start a fight with my previous doctor plus I dont feel bitter about it. He has now retired and I think others can tell you in this forum that Fibro has only recently been recognised as an illness. I was angry at first but it is better to look to the future than the past. You may still have pain and discomfort but you can now have peace of mind.

Best wishes to you and your babes. :)
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Postby susie ray » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:12 pm

My old GP wrote on my notes 5 years ago " it is all in this lady's head" now Iv got a definate diagnosis I feel i want to go back and slap the arrogant so and so. I have doubted myself for so long thinking it was my imagination. Now I get on with the rest of my life.
susie ray
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:27 pm

good god, can i slap your old gp too? :evil:

a doctor i once saw said its all in my mind and go to the gym, so once we've slapped you gp we can go slap this one!!! not long after she said that to me, i was tempted to sent her information on fibro, probably should of done now!

I'm sorry you cant do things with your twins, i know how you feel, my daughters are older at 9 and 18, and there is so much i cant do, i would love to go shopping with my eldest, i could as i have a mobility scooter but its the crowds or the tiredness, not only that i live 45 miles from her.
with my youngest, on my good days i will play with her, do painting and other crafts with her, if im making jewellery or cards, i happily let her sit with me and help, its the only way i think of not letting her down.

your twins will grow up knowing you truly love them, as they get older you'll be able to explain to them why you couldnt do certain things with tthem or for them, i find sports day the worst sometimes! you'll find others ways to play with them, so dont worry to much over it, it could make you worse, and worse still give you depression.

:wave: cuddles, the internet is a wonderful thing, and only wish i had it when i ws diagnosed! ive been on fibrotalk.com and they have a list of common illness related to fm and a list of symptoms, im glad im not a hypercondriac!

All the best to you, looking forward to chatting with you all.

Dee :hugs:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:11 am

I think we would all like to slap your old GP :x Form an orderly queue ladies and gents.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:25 pm

My old G{P told me it was all nerves and put me on Valium for l year.
Anyway another year on and im skin and bone, collapsing all over the place, and very very unwell and pained - A&E after collapse.
I had a heard defect undetected and ME/Fibro and no Oestrogen.
So yes i have had a numpty like that too.
My new Dr in the village isnt up on Fibro/ME but he listens and he finds out what he dosetn know.
Yes write the letter and expect an aplology.

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby susie ray » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 am

my newish GP has called in to see me today as she was passing through the village. I feel like I have struck gold as she told me that her mother suffers with FM so she is well up on everything. she has just put me on amytriptilyn and told me to take it for 4 weeks see if it helps, also said pllease dont think your being a pain just come and see me even if you just want a chat. What a find eh?
susie ray
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm

woo hooo :lol:
that brill news :clap:
hope you well today :hugs:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Complaint against GP - UPDATE

Postby shrimp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:40 pm

hi all

just and updated really - did the compliant letter - had a meeting with the 3rd nice gp (the one who finally listened to me) and the practice manager and now they are bending over backwards to help me !!!!....

they have sent occupational therapist round and today she said she is gonna get me a toilet frame and a bed where you push the button and it sits you up...she agreed that with weak hands that wall handles not a good idea...

my gp also referring me for chronic pain councelling

my gny has sorted out pain clinic for me but gp said she would action if he didnt

she is also gonna refer me for physio if my rheumy doesnt refer me next month

my gp also said i will now get same day appt when ever i need one.....

glad i did the letter....but the mr gp is going thru chemo and his wife gp is going thru something else so did feel bit guilty but this is MY life and MY boys that have been affected....

thanks all to your comments
shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 pm

That's great news, so glad you are getting help. And don't feel guilty, if they have problems and are unable to do their jobs properly then they shouldn't be playing around with peoples health and lives. ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Glad you had a good outcome. :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services