[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

Postby velvet » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 am

i have just recieved an email from the benefits and work site detailing plans by the government to effectively STOP paying disability benefits to the disabled. using attendance allowance as an example but talking about disability payments in general (that means they are including DLA) they are consulting on no longer paying the money to the individual but paying it instead to the local authority to form a "personal budget" that is adminstered by the authority to provide services (hands up who wants a social worker deciding what help they need, when they need it, and how it should be provided). if they do manage to do this with attendance allowance then you can bet your life the next thing will be the care element of DLA going the same way.

the benefits and work site is starting action to raise alarm and fight this proposal - you do not have to be a member of the site or in reciept of the benefits - you can be a carer or support worker.

please visit http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/disabi ... wance-(dla)/dla-aa-cuts to start action to protect much needed benefits.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now!!

Postby anne1206 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 am

Hubby and I just joined the fight :yikes: :yikes:
some of us have had to fight so hard for our benefits, then they come up with a way to make it even harder :twisted: :twisted:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:22 pm

i do not claim DLA but i may need to at some point in the future (ok according to the advisors i should be claiming now i just do not have the resources to face the inevitable rejection) but the thought that instead of claiming money to ease life as i need it it would be a case of the "authorities" deciding on and implementing a care package is of nightmare proportion. like everyone else here i am an adult with an independant brain - at times i want to choose to do things that are NOT "good" for me because they make me FEEL good - i am not an overlarge child that needs to be cared for and protected from my own impulses.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby ChloeCat » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi, I am going to be applying for this imminently (and dreading the process as they're renowned for being foul in Manchester), and am shocked as it is so difficult to come by in the first place. Hubby and I have already signed up and I've forwarded details to a lot of my friends and family.

As if we we needed any more stress :dunno:

Fran
ChloeCat
UKFM Member

Postby sharon g » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi everyone :wave: I think it is absolutely disgusting even thinking about doing this! Like it has been mentioned previously, we have to go through heaven and high water to get what we are entitled to in the first place, then the swines are talking about taking it off us! They obviously don,t have a clue how this condition affects our lives on a day to day basis :evil: . God, I wish they were in our shoes! I have joined the campaign as well.
sharon g
UKFM Newbie

Postby matthew » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Taking money off seriously ill patients to pay for treatments that should be free on the NHS anyway?
What a fantastic idea. :roll:

I get DLA low rate care indefininitely, it was very hard to get and I would really struggle to manage without it.

Just what I need at the moment. :banghead:
"I'd rather struggle through life with my eyes open than sail through life with them closed"
matthew
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 am

NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby cariad » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Just added my name and told others to do so. I can imagine the hash up that the LA will make of it if they are going to contol it!!. Meals on wheels at 4am! We all must try to stop this money going out of our control as it gives us a little bit of independance to do what WE want to do not what 'they' think is good for us. :roll:
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:15 pm

signed it. :nono:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jeannie45 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:50 pm

i got the same email and sighned it ,what are they playing at now this gov :evil:

jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:20 am

NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:02 am

I have signed it.......TWICE :lol:

I used BOTH my email addresses so if you have more then one, pop back in and put it down :wink:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Why do we have to fight for everything!!!!!!

Postby unigirl1981 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:32 pm

why do we have to fight for everything????????? you battle for years to get DLA OR AA and now the government may be taking it off us!!!!

Look at this;
The information below has been received from Benefits and Works website. Please read it and sign on the website below. There are now over 5000 signatures but please don’t stop from signing up, and in addition if you could contact your MP and voice your concern to them.

Claimants have less than 100 days to prevent their DLA and AA being abolished. A government green paper, entitled 'Shaping the future of care together' has revealed proposals to stop paying ‘disability benefits, for example, attendance allowance’’ and hand the cash over to social services instead. Under the plan, current claimants would have their disability benefits converted to a ‘personal budget’ administered by local authorities and used to pay for services – not to spend as they wish.

Once the green paper consultation period ends, if an almighty row has not been raised, it is likely that both major political parties will see the lack of outrage as a green light to end both DLA and AA. The aim was a minimum of 1,000 (this has already been passed in the first 24 hours but please don't stop), claimants, carers and support workers to join our campaign to save these benefits from being abolished.

Go here and kick up a fuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Re: Why do we have to fight for everything!!!!!!

Postby matthew » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 pm

"I'd rather struggle through life with my eyes open than sail through life with them closed"
matthew
UKFM Member

Re: GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

Postby matthew » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Signed. :evil:
matthew
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Politics & Lobbying