[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Who has back (spine disc) problems

Who has back (spine disc) problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Who has back (spine disc) problems

Postby princess » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:45 pm

As per the other post how many people on here have back problems

I hae two burst discs - one bra strap at back area, and the other is no4 - MRI scan showed i have a spine like a snake!!! So two Sciatic legs for year now.
princess
Last edited by princess on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Who has back (spine disc) problems

Postby miajane » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi
I was dx with a crushed disc at base of spine 5 years ago, 3 years before I had fibro.

This link is about things that are common to fibromyalgia sufferers its quite long but about half way down is a bit about spinal disc degeneration
http://www.supernutrient.com/fibromyalgia/
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:11 pm

i don t have disc problems. but have got a weak lower back and a fused vertabra to my cocyx. i also have probs which pai in my back from neck to bottom.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Me. I have OA in my neck vertibrae and degenerative discs in my lower back.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:14 pm

me too
i had disc removed 2 years ago but suffered 2 years with it before they sent me for MRI scan
i still suffer with sciatic pain because the nerve was damaged an waited to long for dx
lower back L 5 i think
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 am

I dont know where to start the list is too long,once again if i hadn't pushed for an MRI scan i would never have found out ,In a nut shell I have 3 buldging disks ,curvature of the spine,fused vertebrae
Deformed facet joints and much much more.Oh the joys motherelle.xxx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 am

Yes i do too, right down the lower part of my tail bone.

Got my rubber ring to sit on now, as it is so painful.
My GP told me i might have done some damage by falling over, but nothing could be done about it because they cant get to that area. (if it was fractured.)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby worf » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Ive got 4 crushed and 3 cracked vertibrae from an accident about 22 years ago, still a bit weakness in my back.
How many doctors does it take to get a diagnosis? 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Learn when to stop, What ever it is will keep for another day!
worf
UKFM Member

Postby jeannie45 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 pm

i have bad neck problems and arthritis in my spine and back :wave:

jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby iwh54 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:32 pm

I had a disc removed and two vertibrae fused together after an accident at work in 1979.
It still gives me problems now as there was a lot of nerve damage as well.
If you add the fibro to that its not funny. I get a lot of lower back pain and sciatica as well.
Sometimes its painful just to walk across the room. Sitting for too long can cause my legs to go numb so I have to keep getting up and moveing around even if I am in a lot of pain.
I could go on but I am sure you all know what I mean. :roll: :) :needhug:
iwh54
UKFM Member

Postby miajane » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi iwh54,
Here's a hug for you :hugs:
Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

I too have disc problems.

I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease 3 years ago and it gives me real trouble.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby unigirl1981 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:31 am

i have bad lower back pain and permanent sciatica that the dr does not seem bothered about.
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby samew » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi

I have degeneration in C5-8 of spine and also in feet.

Sam
samew
UKFM Member

Postby mitchells mum » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:04 pm

me too

ddd dx before fm, about 5 yrs before i think

only a little left of my right facet joint (dont know what that is though!)

and osteoarthritis too
judith x
mitchells mum
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems