[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

Postby gillshutt » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:48 am

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/l ... ack-begins

The original address is out of date. This is the new one for anyone not signed up.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

DLA and AA Threat - Important!

Postby Sunbeam » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 am

DLA and AA threat PDF Print Email
Time running out is running out to save DLA and AA from being axed. There are just:

93 Days, 09 Hours, 44 Minutes, 31 Seconds.

left to act.

A government green paper has revealed plans to stop paying disability benefits and hand the cash over to social services instead. Join the Benefits and Work campaign to stop these cuts by typing your first name and email address in the boxes below.

* Email
First Name
* = Required Field

I am sorry, i dont know how to send you all the link but this info can be obtained from BENEFITS AND WORK website. It is very important that all those who are affected by changes to DLA and AA should support this as the changes will be so bad for us FMS sufferers and everyone on these benefits. If you could pass this info on to all those you know who would be affected and ask for them to support Benefits and Work campaign, it would be so helpful. All that is needed on the site is your email address and you are added to the numbers needed to fight this. Benefits and Work do so much good for those of us who need disability benefits and they helped me get mine when i had been turned down. Thank you.
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 am

i also got this email from the benefits and work website - have signed it......if this was to go ahead can you imagine how much money would got lost in the system ???.....

shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby Donna Day » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:07 pm

:yikes: It scares me what they'll do next signed it few times :grouphug:
Donna

I JUST WANT TO BE ME AGAIN
Donna Day
UKFM Member

Postby miajane » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 am

I've signed, I just can't believe this government :evil:
Soon we will have to ask permission to use the toilet and will only be able to go at certain times a day or it will be bad for our health :yikes:
They seem so scared of free will that they seem to be doing everything to stop us having any.
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:50 pm

i don't get it but could do with it :roll:
so have just signed for me and hubby
i don't think any of them have any brains! how do they expect disabled people to live ??
its no wonder so many of us suffer with depression :roll:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby grace1706 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi all,signed the petition ,i have been turned down going to tribunal would not want any one out there who has had to fight for there rights and have it taken away-i wonder if they will take away the ten pounds a day they give to alcoholics. :dunno:
best wishes-lynn :yikes:
grace1706
UKFM Member

Postby unigirl1981 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:42 am

if any one would like to give their opinion or ask a local mp for their opinion then go to www.writetothem.com and put in your postcode. it will give you the contact address, phone number, email address of your local mp to raise this issue.

Also i have been contacting local charities, carers groups, national charities etc to see if they know about it and if they have protested against it.

One carers organistaion was unaware of it so i am sending them a copy of the green paper and they are appalled at it!!!!!!!!

Spread the word and get your voice heard or the government will assume noone is bothered!!

Mel
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby greeneyesblue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:57 pm

That link doesn't work for me :(
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:10 pm

Link is fine... Maybe try again later :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby princess » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Page not available now
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby unigirl1981 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:20 pm

if its the write to them link you are trying to access, just type it in to your address bar if you cant use the link, ive just tried the link now though and its working.
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Link to sign to save DLA

Postby Beshlie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 am

Beshlie
UKFM Member

Re: Link to sign to save DLA

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby dan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Having worked in benefits for the past 20 odd years I've seen proposals like this come and go,
Central Government are very keen to wash their hands of as much as they can by passing the buck ( no pun intended,lol ) to Local Authorities because they are more used to running things to a budget than Central Government departments are.
Usually Local Authorities object to taking on work like this because they know that although the extra funding and administration fees are attractive to start with it reduces as the years go by, well after all The Council can always bump up Council Tax to make up the deficit can't they ? . When folks complain about the system who does the Government point the finger to ? you got it , the Local Council .

Please vote now.

Dan.
dan
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Lobbying