[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - HELLO EVERYBODY

HELLO EVERYBODY

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HELLO EVERYBODY

Postby daren » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:39 pm

HELLO EVERBODY

IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO SAY, I HAVE HAD FMS FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS, AT ONE POINT LAST YEAR I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE BUT NO IT CAME BACK WORSE THAN BEFORE.
BUT I WONT LET IT GET ME DOWN, I FOUND DRAGGING MYSELF TO THE GYM HELPED LOTS AND HAVING A GREAT WIFE WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH EVEN THOUGH SOME DAYS SHE MUST THINK FOR GODS SAKE BUCK UP HELPS.
ANYWAY I WILL TRY NOT TO WOFFLE ON TO MUCH AS I CAN DO.
IM TRYING TO FIND A SUPPORT GROUP IN THE MANCHESTER AREA AS I THINK THIS MAY HELP ME MORE WITH FMS, WEDS WAS MY 39TH BIRTHDAY BUT I FEEL 79 WONDER WHAT I WILL FEEL LIKE WHEN IM 79 ? ANYWAY I WILL CLOSE NOW AND HOPE SOMEONE GETS MY MESSAGE IN BOX

TAKE CARE EVERYONE AND DONT LET IT GET YOU DOWN

DAREN
daren
UKFM Member

Postby holly » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:06 am

hi Daren

Welcome to the site. Before I go on anymore I can't help you with a support group but just wanted to say Hi. I have been trying to find one in Wiltshire area but can't hope you do find one though as I think they would be a great help to us Fibro's.

Speak again soon :)
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Postby hippychick » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:10 am

Dagnamit am I NEVER gonna be able to get off this this morning? Blurry vision making this small font a real pain to try and focus on but keep seeing posts that I just have to reply to :roll:

First up, happy belated 39th for Wednesday Daren. Secondly....you might wanna take the Caps Lock off next time coz all capitals is considered shouting on forums and I dunno about you, but I've always got a splitting headache :P

You're not alone though Daren. We all have our rotten days and our REALLY rotten days :P That's what's so-o-o-o-o-o great about this site, coz none of us thinks the others are 'moaning' and being general grumpy guts coz we all suffer the same, (and I mean suffer, which is something non fibromites really understand).

Btw, (by the way :wink: ), I'm still a newby on here too but it's been a wonderful time since finding this site. Also great fun on fibro fighters too if you fancy a giggle now and then. One thing us fibromites seem to have in common is a warped sense of humour :!: My hubby calls it my 'gallows humour' but laughter is the best medicine right :?:

Gentle huggles. I'm defo off now to find this 36DD sized plastic bag to bung over me booby that had a biopsy yesterday and can't get wet yet. Sitting here 'onking and think I ought to get more fragrant before me hubby gets back in :oops:

Hippychick
hippychick
UKFM Member

THANK YOU BOTH

Postby daren » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:56 am

Hello

Thank you both Holly and Hippchick for replying, i too have Gallow humour its the best one to have in our condition.
Still finding my feet usally takes me about 40 minutes every morning on the site bit it looks like im going to speak to some good people.
Im off out now must remember not to groan to much in public.
thanks again to you both and take care.

ps. Dont know why but i have Sesame Street songs in my head

A Nieghbour is a person in your nieghbourhood in your nieghbourhood

Dont worry im going or should i say already gone

Daren
daren
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:26 pm

Hi Darren,
well done on getting to 39... I beat you there by about a month or so.
I've been diagnosed for 8 months and I can't believe how much my life has changed in that time.
It helps to be able to talk to others about FM.
Have fun
Buffy
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Thank you

Postby daren » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:18 pm

Hello Buffy

Thank you for your reply, im feeling alot better talking to people on the site aswell as going on a bit about my condition, i hope to speak or moan to you more, pain has been bad today head neck shoulders hands and ankles are the worse just want to curl up and try and go to sleep thinking it will be gone when i awake, but i just wake up sweating feeling 10 times worse.
Hope you dont mind me asking but how did you get FMS, i have read several books on FMS over the last 3 years but nothing has ever works apart from dragging myself to the gym.
I got FMS from stress about 3 years ago i think i may have had it even longer, ive had so many unhappy times over the last few years im not surprised something had to give.
Anyway onwards and upwards speak to you soon thanks again take very much care

Daren
daren
UKFM Member

new on site

Postby su » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:50 pm

hi i'm su and have been diagnosed about 2 months now, but have had been off work since oct. i have been suffering for about a year and have just got my gp to do something. physio started 3 weeks ago but does not seem to make any difference. hydro will not start until about sept. feeling very fed up and wish i could get some sleep without pain waking me up. was put on morphine for the pain but does not work. family are supporting me some days but they think it gets a bit much. have you any tips on coping with everyday life.
su
UKFM Newbie

Try to help

Postby daren » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:55 pm

Hello Sue

Nice to hear from you, i have had FMS for over 3 years now and i hae tried everything from pain killers anti depressants and all the other things your gp may give you, the only thing that works for me is trying to excercise try it home firstly and then try and join a nearby gym i know it sounds a bit much if you are feeling as you do but it gave me a reasonto get up and about.
I have also tried some Yoga videos and these have helped but just take it easy when first starting out.
Im lucky because my wife seems to understand what im going through but she still gives me a bit ov stick sometimes.
Iknow it sounds daft but i have got used to the pain i have had a headache for over 3 years now its like having flu and a hangover all at the same time, i do understand how you feel sometimes it gets my down so much i just start crying and im a 17 stone bald bloke just imagine that site.
I was thinking ov trying accupuncture ill let you know how i get on or i may visit a chinese medicine shop. I beleive thats its diffferent horses for different courses.
i hope i have been ov some help please contact just to chat when ever you want i do understand and i wish i could help more.
please take care and try and cheer up

Daren
daren
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping