[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Guaifenesin.

Guaifenesin.

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Guaifenesin.

Postby 123sandra » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:27 pm

:D
Have/are any of you been on this?
Have/are any of you familiar with Dr Freed ( he works from Wrightington Hospital?)
I am on clinical trials for this at this pres time. I've done the 20-60 injections a wk in my skin, also had the muscle injections done,( Dr Freed stopped them when my muscle 'cracked') and yes they were VERY painful.
Why are we so far behind the rest of the world, treatment wise?
Be glad of any responses.
LOL...Sandra
123sandra
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:56 pm

Kristine
UKFM Member

Injections!!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:38 pm

Postby Kristine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:17 pm

Kristine
UKFM Member

Hello Again!

Postby 123sandra » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:45 pm

123sandra
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:48 pm

Kristine
UKFM Member

Stupid computer!!!

Postby 123sandra » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:21 am

123sandra
UKFM Member

Hi Sandra

Postby Kristine » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:01 pm

Kristine
UKFM Member

Guaifenesin

Postby carol » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:33 pm

carol

Carol

Postby Kristine » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Hi Carol,

Yes there is a website that has a list of salicylate free products to use, you can get all the info and also there is a support group for those of us in the UK, it's a real lifeline, particularly in the beginning when you have loads of questions.

As for your Doctor having to be told, why, most of us do this on our own, I don't even have a diagnosis, my drs have been worse than useless, I have had so many mis-diagnoses and there are very few who even consider fibro is a bona fide disease, they say its a waste basket diagnosis.

Do you have anyone to map you, if you live near Peterborough, our most experienced mapper Annie Attewell lives there and is very good, her partner Sally has fibro and they both have a wealth of information to give.

Unfortunately, Guai is not available in the UK anymore, it has to be bought from the US, where it is available over the counter, or from New Zealand, which requires a Drs prescription. We mostly used to use Long Acting Guai, but Dr St Amand has many patients on the Short Acting Guai and they are all doing well, its cheaper too!!

Going on a diet for hypoglycaemia is a good idea, it helps with the pain, it's all to do with insulin apparently, I know that when I stick to it I have no pain, but if I go on a bread binge it comes back with a vengeance. There are 2 versions, the strict for if you need to lose weight and the liberal if you don't, they can be found on the Drs website at:
www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com If you have any questions you can join the support group here too, Claudia Marek, the docs nurse/assistant is a great help, when I first went on guai she answered all my questions and there are others there to help as well. I met Claudia last year at a conference in London, she is amazing, has fibro as do her children, they have all reversed their disease.

The UK site is at http://ukfmsguai.tripod.com/

Carol, feel free to email me privately if you like, I'm always willing to help, I have some spare tubes of fibrosmile toothpaste
if you would like some, we do have a couple of sal free ones here
in the UK we can use though if you prefer.

All the best,

Kristine
Kristine
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping