[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Peeling Vegeteables!!

Peeling Vegeteables!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Peeling Vegeteables!!

Postby Sally_x » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:03 pm

I find it very hard to peel vegetables....carrots and potatoes I have found hard to do!!

Has anyone heard of anything you can use to help? I think it's my lack of being able to grip the veggie hard enough!! ...also it really hurts my fingers and wrists!
Sally_x
UKFM Member

Re: Peeling Vegeteables!!

Postby fairy dust » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:51 pm

snap !! i also find it hard to hold/peel verg as my fingers 'lock up' and become stiff and very painfull, the only thing ive found that helps is my OH :lol: i am suposed to wear wrist splints on both hands all day long and i have another set for night but i find them so uncomfy and im unable to do any task whilst wearing them, :grouphug:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Postby Sally_x » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Ahhh yer, I can imagine that they are impossible to do things while wearing them!

Oooh yes....good ol' OHs :lol:
Sally_x
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:08 pm

my hubby has to do veg my wrists and hands are just useless :(
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby mischief » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Yessss!!!!!!!
I also find it hard standing at the sink to do the dishes :? Like I need a brush-handle up my back to hold me up...
I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I am glad its not just me :hugs:
mischief
UKFM Member

Postby pinksandblues » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:19 am

Hi yes i have a problem with peeling veg as my hands go numb and my fingers lock up ,im going to see OT in a couple of weeks ,ill ley you know if they have any useful suggestions .. wendy :)
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:42 am

Yes i get problems trying to peel veg, with me its the grabbing hold of the knife and the veg.
I always try to get someone else in the household to help me.
I cant even mash the potatoes. :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby HazelB » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:58 am

i just cannot peel veg full stop. it works out more expensive - but would buying pre-prepared veg from your supermarket be better for you??? this is what i do much of the time. xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm

I have been buying the ready peeled veg, it much easier.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby AngelBear » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Must admit I rarely peel veg at all, just give it a scrub clean and take off any nasty bits.
A smile lifts both you and others
Christine
AngelBear
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 pm

The soft grip easi-peelers are helpful I find. Also having a stool to sit at the kitchen counter so you don't have to stand.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Sally_x » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Thank you for all your replies :)

I didnt even think about just scrubbing and washing the veggies a bit instead of peeling them when it comes to potatoes as I don't think you can buy them ready peeled :) but definately think I will just buy ready peeled carrots :P

I think it's the coldness of the veggies too that just make my hands seize up :lol:
Sally_x
UKFM Member

Postby tillytowler » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm

i buy frozen mash and all veges ready peeled, there are very inexpensive and still good for you xx
:wave: Tilly
tillytowler
UKFM Newbie

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Organic carrots just need scrubbing and washing too.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby GeminiGirl » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 am

It's awful that you all have pain from peeling vegetables but I am so glad for this post as I thought i was the only one this affected and always feel so useless that I cant even prep the veg for dinner. At the moment my OH does most of the cooking but I worry what will happen down the line when we have children as he will have to work and i'll have to do the cooking.
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping