[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Relief then Gutted....?

Relief then Gutted....?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Relief then Gutted....?

Postby mina666 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:19 pm

hi,my name is mina i have lived with FM for 8yrs.i have just moved from manchester to ayrshire,i recently spoke to a lady who also has FM,she told me about this web site which i joined today and look forward to chatting to other sufferers.
mina666
UKFM Member

Postby junebenton07 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:50 am

Hi all,

I too was told i had fibro at our local hospital, no answers on what to expect a ways down the road, i was given the name of my illness, then was told to go away and look it up on the internet.

I felt very scared and alone, anxious about what the future held for me, here i was 50yrs old and i felt my life was over, i expect a lot of us have felt that way at one time or another.

I can say with my hand on my heart, that you guys on here have been "my GP"!!. Everything i have experienced with my fibro has been explained by someone on here, thankyou each and everyone of you.

I now feel able to go ahead with my life, and deal with my fibro one day at a time, i will not give in to this fibro!!.

Best wishes to everyone,

:grouphug: :grouphug: June xxx
junebenton07
UKFM Member

Postby little_mima » Thu May 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Aw, I felt like I was the only one who just got handed a leaflet! In a strange and twisted way, it's good to know I'm not, but at the same time, I'd rather that wasn't the case.
At my first rheumie appointment I was 'hmmmed' at and told there was nothing wrong. I had to keep bugging my GP who seems to be the only person that listens and referred me back 10 months later. I got bored of waiting and went privately, which was where I got handed the leaflet. I got the NHS appt through a couple of months later and was still told there was nothing wrong :roll: even though I've got loads of symptoms of lupus as well as FM.
Needless to say I'm seeing a different rheumie, if I ever get to see him. At least 8 months for an appt.
What gets me is how the rheumies seem to brush it off, like it's no big deal. My NHS one went on for ages about how she'll do her best to try and get me well enough to go back to uni, and then she discharges me without doing much. Yea, she gave me vasodilators for my Raynaud's and told me that I'm photosensitive, but that's it.
Aaaaaaaaand end rant
little_mima
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services