[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - word confusion

word confusion

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

word confusion

Postby Yvonne » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:19 pm

I have noticed that over the past couple of months when typing I mix up words, i.e. I type a word I didn't mean to, i.e. have instead of had, or I transpose letters, such as hled instead of held, and so on.
Has anyone else had this problem. It doesn't happen when I am at work, (I am a secretary), only at home on the computer.
And it doesn't happen when I am writing longhand either.
Yvonne

words

Postby kathy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:19 am

hi yvonne
yes i have the same problem but mine happens when i talk sometimes when i type not very often when i write as i cant grip the pen very well so most of my correspondence is done on the internet.but you are normal in feeling this well as normal as your ever going to get!!!!!
take care speak to you soon
kathy
kathy
UKFM Member

confused

Postby tuesdaygirl » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:32 pm

hi i too have awfull time trying to get my words out when i speak and getting things across that i want it takes ages to type .
take care caroline x
tuesdaygirl
UKFM Newbie

word problems

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:25 am

thanks ladies for the feedback. I started to worry that I was getting early onset of Alzheimers or something! it is strange that it is only at home it happens, at work i don't seem to have the problem.

mixing up words

Postby HazelB » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:55 pm

I do it all the time when typing, writing longhand ... and also mix up words or use the wrong words when talking.

Its part of the 'fibro fog' symptoms... and was a huge relief to me when discovered it was a genuine parts of fms and not just me losing my mind!!!

I find it is especially bad when I'm in a lot of pain or tired, and somedays will be worse than others.

My mum has ME .. and has similar problems ... and we can spend an entire conversation trying to remember what each other just said.... my husband will sit in hysterics listening to me talk to her on the phone at times.

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby AmyG » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:34 am

Brain fog....the bain of our exsistence...just use a lot of hand signles to get your point across. I am lucky, usually with my husband, he can finish my words or sentences for me! It is perfectly normal with our disorder hun. Some days will be worse than others, just keep your sense of humor about it all and don't let it get you down. No tumor in there, just fibro fog!

Take care all
Amy
AmyG
UKFM Member

ME TOO!

Postby Caren » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:47 pm

Caren
UKFM Member

Hazel B

Postby Caren » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:49 pm

Caren
UKFM Member

Relatives

Postby sunshine » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:14 pm

sunshine
UKFM Newbie

family ties

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 am

hi i m new to this forum though not to FM. i was diagnosed jan 2000 but obviously like most people have had it some years before. my mum has had ME for 14 years and now has Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.

i found out from a locum doctor recently that i was diagnosed in 1993 with post viral fatigue syndrome but i obviously never twigged it was ME.

my sister just had a health check from some insurance company and its come back she cant claim for anything ME related!!!!!!!!!!!! it was news to her. she pretends she hads a dreadfull cold and has to stay in bed to recover rather than admit to US and to her friends and hubby that she is just to exhaused to get up! :!: :!: :!: and she has only just this week admitted it!!!!! dispite both mum and me suffering.

i look at my four kids and i can tell for definite that my eldest son is about 5 years from diagnosis of FM or ME he is showing signs of fatigue at 20 and my 8 year old girl is classic... she always hurts somewhere and she would rather be curled up on the sofa than anywhere else in the world.. my other two couldnt be more different. fingers crossed... i would love to know if anyone was doing any research in to family links.

re confused.

Postby Lorna » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:33 am

Hello sunshine.
It makes me feel better just typing your name.I think the one thing we all have in common is the brain fog and thank god for it as I really felt I was loosing it.At 62 yrs old i thought the family would be looking for an alziemers home for me now I realise it is just another fm related porblem.I too cannot get out what I want to say.I use to like a good heated discussion but by the time they wait for me to try to explain myself they have given up on the subject.I was also very good at spelling but now find I cant remeber it all and have to keep a dictionary to hand.
In the days when I was looking for answers to my problems I went back to my gp because I was so sick of feeling as if I was dying so tired and in so much pain.He took blood tests for various things and when they came back I was told I had an under active thyroid.I have to say when I was put on the throxine after a couple of months I felt a lot better.So it is always worth going back to docs when you feel really down just in case there is something else.It is difficult because we always feel tired and weary which can be like so many other ailments such as diabeties.I have looked up thyroid problems on the net and found that people with fybromyalgia are more than likely to develope thyroid problems than most and in particular women.My g.p. did not tell me anything about the thyroid either just told me to take the tablets and get a blood test done every year.I have since found out that I should have one every 3 months because of the fybro.
I do not know about it been in families as I cant say anyone in my family suffered any of my symptoms but I do worry about my middle son who is now 34 and is often feeling really low and tired.He seems to go down with colds so easy and if his children get anything so does he .He is always complaining of pain but does not know quite where it is sometimes which rings bells with me.
Hope you get some answers and hugs to everyonebye for now Lorna.xx.
Lorna
UKFM Member

Postby Pammie » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:06 pm

[color=indigo]
Pammie
UKFM Member

Postby IanR » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:15 am

now after reading this nice little topic i actually feel better i thought it was my old age phew thank god for that HAHAHAHA
IanR
UKFM Member

Postby gypsyj » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:37 pm

gypsyj
UKFM Newbie

Postby EB » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:06 am

EB
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping