l'hermitte

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

l'hermitte

Postby miss daisy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 am

hi guys :wave:

i didn't know there was a medical term for this, recently while seeing the rheumy, he said my neck had restricted movement,(not that i had noticed) any way while he was moving my head around and he asked me to touch my chest with my chin, i got electric shock like pains in thigh for a second while my neck was bent, its not the first time its happened i have had it occasionly if i try and wash my hair over the bath, but not for a while till the other day with rheumy , it has only happened when bending my neck downards. i searched it on the the net after someone told me what it was called, it can be caused by a few different things but could not find fibromylgia as one of them.

does anyone get this?

take care :hugs:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Re: l'hermitte

Postby denys » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Isn't this called associated pains :?: when you push in one place and it gives you pain in another :dunno: :dunno: I get pain in my back if I press on a certain part of my knee :yikes: Not sure Hannah sorry, never heard of the name l'hermitte :dunno: :dunno: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby miss daisy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 pm

hey denys :wave:

thanks for reply

yeah i had never heard of it either, but hey ho just another thing to add to the list. may mention it to doc when i make another appointment, that should be "if" i amke another appointment to see doc, starting to feel like a hypochondriac!!!!! :crazy:

may just wait and see what the results from the mri scan the dental consultant has asked for turn out to be, altho could be some time waiting getting an appointment for that. :wink:

i have felt alot better the last two days which is great :D , so done all my house work today including the windows :lol: , hoping i don't pay for it tomorrow. :(

take care denys :hugs:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm

oooohhhh boom and bust Hannah, I hope you dont pay either :yikes: Dont worry about how many appointments you have at the GP's it's early days for you yet and you need answers.

I didn't wait too long for my MRI (any of them actually) My first was at clatterbridge and the other 2 were at walton. So hopefully you wont have too long a wait either :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems