[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pets

Pets

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pets

Postby princess » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:35 pm

I have Greta she was kicked around a garden in a bag by kids, then father took them to river and dumped her.
A lday walking by heard her meeeaawww and managed to hook the bag out of the Firth - she was taken to SSPCA (broken legs and cat flu and about l year old).
My daughter in law took her, but cat was too scared so now i have her.
After 4 years she is just adorable and now sociable and will go to vets on a lead - she is a lovely girl i am so glad i too k her in - she is happy and content now.
The vet rekons she is about 13 but we are not sure.
princess
Attachments
DSC00027.JPG
DSC00027.JPG (42.7 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Here she is today!!!!
Attachments
31-05-08_152340.jpg
31-05-08_152340.jpg (39.73 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby stargrrlclaire » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Reach for the moon, if you fail, you'll fall among the stars...
Lots of love,
Claire xxx
stargrrlclaire
UKFM Member

Postby Miss sleepy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Well if you insist ....

Here's Obi... my 3 month old Lhasapoo (Lhasa Apso x Poodle) you just cant imagine how cute he is. His little ears flap when he runs or jumps down the stairs, he covers his face with his paws when you tell him off and he spends nearly his whole life asleep lazy bagger, makes a great foot warmer however
Attachments
10956_217272156812_592081812_3677479_71015_n.jpg
10956_217272156812_592081812_3677479_71015_n.jpg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
20743_240578866812_592081812_3804081_8050484_n.jpg
20743_240578866812_592081812_3804081_8050484_n.jpg (46.24 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 pm

awwwwwwwwww miss sleepy, he is absolutly gorgous, give him a big kiss and cuddle :hugs: from me,as you guessed i am a dog lover,have 2 of my own,but i could make room for another one....YOURS :lol:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:04 pm

I jut love all animals - and i thank you all for being good owners and friends to all the animals in your home.
After having a therapy dog for many years, i wondered if i could use Greta, but although she i snow sociable and a very happy wee girl - she spooks too easily so she wouldnt be any good, shame as she is lovely.
I am so glad i got the chance to help here love again.
By the way my daughter in law wants her back, always dropping hints, now that she is sorted out so to speak, so i have had to put my foot down and told her NO WAy!!!! She dosent have another home next time she goes out (she is scared to go out past the back door as new cat over the wall) its to be buried, she is mine now i have the papers - after all she was going to destroy her!!!!!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby AngelBear » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:40 pm

I have laying hens. They live in their henhouse and free range my backgarden during the day and give me daily eggs.

A smile lifts both you and others
Christine
AngelBear
UKFM Member

Postby tishytash » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 pm

i thought people would like to see some 3 day old baby hamsters! i have vast numbers of hamsters they keep me going. these babies are my little zaphod's grandkids this is zaphod
and his grandkids! i did not distrub the nest to take these photos and the mum lamuella was stuffing her face with chicken!
tishytash
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Awww,reminds me of my mouse pups... we got some mice from the RSPCA and one was pregnant... she had a shed load of babies ??? 14 of the little wrigglers, we ended up taking more back than we got and I managed to rehome 5.

Obi is absolutely gorgeous :D

Sadly it looks like my boxer Benson is on his last legs :cry: He was a cruelty case, just a puppy but starved and shut in a shed with a concrete floor.. some idiot thought she could make money but wasn't prepared to look after them or the mum :evil: He had a couple of minutes on Pet Rescue although his brother got all the limelight as he was the last to be rehomed. When we got him he was all head and ribs but grew up to be a gorgeous boy, although small for a boxer. Now he's 10 and having fits, he's losing his balance all the time too. Off t the vets tomorrow and I'm dreading it :cry:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby lil.angel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:37 pm

i have three gerbils which are my babies... they are called salt, pepper and pickle (pickle for my abnormal love for branston pickle) yes i went for the full range of condiments :lol:
Someday I Will Fly.... Someday
lil.angel
UKFM Member

Postby stargrrlclaire » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:21 am

Reach for the moon, if you fail, you'll fall among the stars...
Lots of love,
Claire xxx
stargrrlclaire
UKFM Member

Postby junebenton07 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 am

Hi everyone,
Well me, i have abit of a zoo my husband says.

I,ve got an aviery with 9 cockitiels, 1 budgie, 1 cat, 3 GSD's all bitches, all of them rescued from horrible circumstances, 2 beautiful huskies, i bought the bitch at 12wks, she's a fawn sable, just rescued a male husky, left to fend for himself for over 12 hours a day, he's very skinny at the moment, his coat is awful, but i will soon sort him out, he's a silver sable, he is the most loving dog i could wish for, The way he is with me, almost as if he is constantly saying thankyou. Oh, and i have tropical fish too.

Wouldn't be without any of them, all are different personality's, always making me laugh when i'm down, and always know when i'm hurting,

They aren't my pets, they are my friends, and i know i won't loose them just because i suffer with fibro, unlike my so called human friends. At least i know my animals won't stab me in the back, they love you no matter whats wrong with you!

Best wishes to all,

June xx :grouphug:
junebenton07
UKFM Member

Postby elfenzo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 pm

I have two lady leopard geckos - BooBoo and Draco. They make me very happy -

'There never was, there never will be, nor is there now, a person who is wholly blamed or wholly praised.' ("Kodhavagga: Anger" (Dhp XVII))

also, i think it's very important to regularly think about bottoms, and other inherently funny things
elfenzo
UKFM Newbie

Postby mooch » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:35 am

mooch
UKFM Member

Postby rose 55 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:33 pm

4 dogs ( bitch's) all rescues Tara Rottie, Squiggly Lakeland terrier, Pip white lurcher, Ruby dun lurcher. 18 chickens, 2 parrots, pond full of fish..Like some one said, there my friends. I don't own them, just lucky enough to have them live with me and put up with me :wink:
rose 55
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun