[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DWP/ATOS Medical

DWP/ATOS Medical

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DWP/ATOS Medical

Postby deathvalleydemon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Got my medical this tuesday, but I'm slightly confused, Ive rang to speak to someone but they were as per usual, snotty and of no use...

I had this accident...

http://www.youtube.com/andymark1980

went to hospital not long after that happened and had nerve studies done, when I got the results back I was told that the nerves in my arm caused sauch damage that even surgery wouldnt be of any benefit to me, just cause me much discomfort, so they said I'd pretty much have to get used to the pain.

I took leave from work ( about 5 months or so) went back on the grounds that I could do light duties only, as time went on I felt like i was getting worse, the feeling in my hand wasnt gettin any better, made even worse by the light duties, people were moaning that i wasnt pulling my weight anymore, some even suggested i was faking it, i wished i was lol...

then i started getting all the symptoms of what i know now to be Fibromyalgia, and as ive said before, working 8-12 hour night shifts in absolute agony being on your feet all nite isnt right, so i was advised to leave on medical grounds, so i did...

I started to claim ESA only for the pain in my hand/arm, as my fibro as only recently manifested properly, Ive got this medical on tuesday afternoon and im just wondering, will they take into account the fact that ive now got fibro because of my accident, or will it just be about my arm/hand?

im petrified theyre gonna kick me off it and make me claim JSA, I had a well paid full time job that I had to leave because of how Ive become, so, fellow forumers, do you think it will be took into consideration? I ask that because the most recent doctors note i sent in was for my fibro, or will it not be took into account?

:(
deathvalleydemon

Re: DWP/ATOS Medical

Postby denys » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Sorry Andy, wish I could give you a definitive answer but I just dont know :dunno: :dunno: It should be as it's now part of the problem but we all know these medicals dont always go to plan. Keep mentioning it during the medical and stressing how its affecting you :fingerscrossed: for you and :goodluck1: :goodluck2: for Tuesday lets know how you get on :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby deathvalleydemon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:07 pm

I know they can be sods, I fully expect them to turn me down, I wont get the DLA ive applied for either, I can just feel it.

I feel like i should have just stayed at work and suffered :(
deathvalleydemon

Postby deathvalleydemon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Apparently, if you can attend the medical, they fail you instantly because youre able to get there of your own accord, even tho my dad will be taking me and coming in with me....

I did ring and ask them if i could have my medical done at home but they said they needed a letter from my doctor before they changed it.

im gonna be so pissed off if they stop my claim, I may as well have stayed at asda and suffered :(
deathvalleydemon

Postby tireesix » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:29 pm

Thats really weird because I specifically asked for a medical at the centre and they wouldn't let me have one there, they would only allow me to have one at home........
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 pm

:goodluck1: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:14 pm

:goodluck2: from me too :hugs: :hugs: keep telling them how much pain you are in from having to travel to them and that you asked for a home visit etc. who knows it may help :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby deathvalleydemon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 pm

deathvalleydemon

Postby deathvalleydemon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:27 am

what an absolute shambles...

got to the centre for my medical, 20 minutes early too, my appointment was at 3.30, 4.40 when i was finally seen, whilst i was waiting i was informed by the snotty madam on the desk that i might not be seen at all today and that i would have to go back in the morning, i said im sorry but thats just not going to be possible, if you cannot see me today then i want a home visit, i was told that i couldnt have a home visit because id got myself to the centre today....

as for the medical itself, they thought it was just for my arm/hand but i spoke up about my fibro and the lady doctor seemed ok about it all, asked me loads of stuff, i took all my meds and appointments with me to back up what i was saying, im hopeful of a good outcome, but we'll just have to wait and see, she said it normally takes about 3-4 weeks for a letter...

:)
deathvalleydemon

Postby denys » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:48 pm

:fingerscrossed: for you Andy :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby solsticedreamer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:34 am

yes what a shambles :(

keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi

I'm pretty battle scarred after battling with Atos n ESA decision makers I spent a year getting mine and I'm waiting for results of my last Esa medical. The best advice I can give you is if you don't get the result you want the get help from welfare rights dial et to appeal the decision :yikes:

Anyway good luck and :fingerscrossed: you get the right decision :)

Fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm

I had to attend a medical recently, they kept me waiting but I had my partner with me and he complained that i couldn't sit in their uncomfortable chairs and it was making me feel terrible, when I did se the GP my partner went in with me, I complained to her straight away about the wait and how bad it made me feel, when she asked to perform certain tasks I just said I wasn't able to but would try if she was prepared to pick me up off the floor. I got awarded my ESA.
A good website to look at is Benefit and Work www.benefitsandwork.co.uk, nothing to do with the government and extremely helpful although to get the best info you do have to join but I felt it was definately worth it.
mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby deathvalleydemon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:07 am

Just had my letter in the post this morning,

I failed the medical and they wont be paying me a penny more, apparently i dont have a limited capability for work, and it seems that they only went by the pain in my arm/hand and they havent taken into account the fact that my doctor diagnosed me with fibro for which he gave me a doctors note until the end of december.

to say im annoyed is an understatement, now this has left me without a penny to my name, i have a tv licence payment to make, a sky bill, contribute to the weekly food shop and 100 pounds rent to pay.

now im at a loss for what to do... they havent even included an appeal form.

:| :(
deathvalleydemon

Postby animalhouse » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:27 pm

sorry to hear that [chocolate] i am expecting mine to come back the same.

i did some of the stuff they asked as i can do them with my hypermobiltiy but it is painful.

they kept asking me to put fingers together so i did this quickly on each finger, but it doens;t take into account i drop things of my hands hurt if i hold a cup on handle know a days so i tend to hold round all cup so not to make smaller movements with fingers. :dunno:

i think you can appeal but hopefully somehting with infor will be able to help.

i think we are expected to live on fresh air - we don;t seem diabled enough to get benefits but i could not image doing a job now. if i take dog for walk in morning i am lying on bed rest of day.

at my medical i bent over in chair as i don;t like to put weight on my back so i leaned my head on stick.

her comment was "could it be your posture why you have a bad back?" :roll: this is why i sit like this as i was tired of holding body up in sitting position on chair and i tend to lay flat on bed to have legs supported.

:fingerscrossed: keep fighting.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Doctors & Health Services