[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: GOVERNMENT TO STOP DLA/AA - urgent act now! merged topic

Postby princess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Yip toally agree with that last post
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby dan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 pm

You can read the full proposal and documentation here -

Dan.
dan
UKFM Member

Re: Link to sign to save DLA

Postby Beshlie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:27 am

Sorry about the link Shaz, I got it off the site.

I have signed and so has my hubby.
Beshlie
UKFM Member

Postby miajane » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 am

Hi all,
I received an email this morning from benefits and work. I thought I'd cut and post the bit about disability benefits for those interested, looks like all our signatures has actually done something.

snip
Firstly, we want to make it absolutely clear that AA and DLA are not going to be abolished on 13 November, because some people seem to have got that impression.

We’re asking you to make your voice heard before the green paper consultation period ends on 13 November because, if you don’t, it makes it much more likely that disability benefits will be handed over to local authorities at some time in the future. But any changes are unlikely to happen for years.

In just three weeks an astonishing 21,770 people have signed up to the campaign. You have made disability charities very aware of the need to challenge the proposals in the green paper. Many, including the Disability Benefits Consortium, have now issued statements saying that they will be opposing any moves to end disability benefits. MPs have begun replying to queries from you about what their position is on the issue of abolishing any disability benefits. We’ve also heard from lots of people who have submitted comments to the green paper consultation at:

http://careandsupport.direct.gov.uk/greenpaper/execsum/

The latest news is that members of the Scottish Parliament have tabled a motion calling for the retention of AA and DLA. Hopes that ministers may have had of quietly slipping in proposals to abolish any disability benefits are now in tatters,

Congratulations on achieving so much, so quickly.

snip
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby matthew » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm

I had an email today from the benefits and work website. Apparently the government have u-turned on the matter, but only really with regard to DLA. It seems AA is still under threat. Anyway, the full link they sent me can be read .

After reading it I am happy enough that my DLA is safe for now. :clap: :D
"I'd rather struggle through life with my eyes open than sail through life with them closed"
matthew
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm

I had a email to.
Great news. :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby velvet » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:55 pm

i dont get DLA however i find this cold comfort - it is all on "for now". AA claiments have been as good as told they are losing their benefit in exchange for someone else deciding what they need to meet their care needs and DLA is not being looked at unless and until some suggests putting it in with the care budget when it will looked at favourably - i would say that someone will make that suggestion by next monday at the latest.

my only other suggestion would be to as well as carrying on the current campaign contact your local conservative representative - it is highly likely they will be forming the next government and right now i would find it far more comforting if the conservative shadow minister stood up and said there is no way they are going to stop anyones benefit either AA or DLA and that proposals to do so will not be considered. that might actually mean something
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 am

I find it saddening that because the wealthiest of people have screwed up our economy, those of us who have the least have to pay the most.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Countess Heather » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi every one!
Had a look at the web connection velvet and the web page had expired, so wondered if the topic had died a death too? But will register with the web site anyway.Interesting as we know that EAS has come to pass.
My only thought was that `we just need to remember THIS when we come to cast our votes' in the forth-comming election - and all the other stuff like `bankers bailed out to the tune of billions of the public purse instead of given the sack', `dodgy dossiers' ect. Vote carefully my children.... :pcsmash:
Countess Heather
UKFM Newbie

Postby RowanWolf » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 pm

I had seen this somewhere else and signed a petition. anyone got a response from the PM?
I got some garbled email response that doesn't help my fears on this.
I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.

That which doesn't kill me...had better run pretty damn fast.
RowanWolf
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 am

in answer to many people who ask thi squestion including myself. why do we have to fight so damn hard to get anythubg i havethe following opinion. i feel it is becasue of all the so called benefit peole who claim for dla incapity etc an dthey dont need to be. in opther words all these false claimants like the on es thats been put in the papers. if they didnt claim unwrongly then it would be easier for the genuine ones and the government would be able to give alot of benefits out knowing they were going out to people who really needed them. but the problem i show can you really tell whether someone is really ill when the symptoms that such people like us with fibro in some people you cant tell they are ill. myself i walk with a stagger and crutches, and nearly pass in the floor if i stand to long etc. i have got medical records to back me up all the way that i am genuine as i also have other health probs as well. but for someone with fibro or me who still works, can walk normal ish, etc etc . but underneath is in pain 24/7 cannot sleep, gets panic attacks etc etc etc how do the government know that that person is telling the truth.
it makes me mad that there isnt something put in our medical records to say that this is a genuine illness and that it needs to be recognised so that therefore it is easier for us to get dla and other benefits.

how come can i go out for the day with parents and see people go in a blue badge car park, but they look absolutlely nothing worng with them. we have some localally that are known to have blue badges but have nothing wrong with then at all as there families have told us so. surely this is wrong and they are some of the ones that make it hard for us others.

I went to a medical and whilst there a man came out of the room crying saying he was in agaony with his back etc. they rang for his wife to come an dget him. but two hours later we saw him lifting crate of beer into a heavy laiden trolley and walking without a stick. what to say i bet he got his beneift. ????
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby tireesix » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:10 pm

I don't know, I don't think it is possible to comment on other people when we do not know them. People see me doing things, things I shouldn't be doing but the have know idea how much what I am doing hurts and how much it is going to cost me. I do things because I have no choice.

An example - a couple of years ago we moved house. My DH was pretty much completely incapable, so the packing and unpacking was down to me, we had no one who could help us (and I mean no one). I was 32 weeks pregnant, I was in so much pain, my pelvis was totally shot (SPD), I literally WANTED to die, I don't know how I managed to do it, but I did.

I guess I have learnt, thanks to having so little help, to just grit my teeth and get on with it and I refuse to give in to the pain until the job that needs doing is finished. I guess some people might think 'well you can't have been in that much pain then', but I have gotten on with stuff despite having had broken bones, dislocated joints etc because I haven't had anyone to fall back on to ask for help. Once what ever the job I am doing is over, then I take the pain meds, I go lie down and I cry until I fall asleep and spend the next few days being as gentle with myself as possible.

I reckon that there is a huge issue with fakers taking up money for those that really need it but we shouldn't be the ones pointing fingers cos that is just as bad as what other people do to us when we are having a rare ok day.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby cassey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 am

Hi everyone. Iv had a letter stating from fec 2011 my dla is to be stopped no explanation. Iv put in an appeal.also visited gp who belive it or not said she will back me. If i had my way they can stick their 18pnd week. Id rather be fit and go to work
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby cassey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:17 pm

I recieved a letter saying my dla wil stop in feb i ask for a reconsideration receved reply on12th dec they are sticking by there disision and yet im worse now. Iv a long road a head appealing
cassey
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Lobbying