[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - For all newbies and oldies.

For all newbies and oldies.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby princess » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:44 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Re: For all newbies and oldies.

Postby LMC2701 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:56 am

Hi everyone

My names Lisa

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 16th August this yr.
LMC2701
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:06 pm

:welcome: to the form Lisa.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi Lisa and :welcome: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:23 am

Hi Lisa :wave: and :welcome: to the forum. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby LMC2701 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanku for all the welcomes and hello's :)
LMC2701
UKFM Newbie

Postby hallamcat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 am

Hello, i put a clam in for DLA and ive not got it what do i do now? ive off work of 2 months now and i need help ive alwayed worked never asked for a thing and im been let down after all the tax i have payed and now i need the help its all wrong.
hope someone can help
Lisa
xxxx ps the only good thing is i get to spend xmas with my family not done that for 15 years aways been at work.
hallamcat
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:09 am

Hi Hallamcat, Appeal and if that fails appeal again most people are turned down to begin with because they hope you will give up and go away. Get advise from the CAB or other welfare rights group but inform the DWP that you intend to appeal asap as you only have so long after receiving the letter to do it :goodluck1: lets know how you get on and heres wishing you a fabulous christmas with your family :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm

:goodluck1: with the DLA Hallamcat
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby xl5 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi everyone
My name is Liz and I was diagnosed 4/5 years ago (cant remember exactly, cba to haul diaries out..familiar?!). My biggest prob for 1st 2/3 years was accepting the restrictions FM places on daily/social life, and dealing with the frustration of longterm poor sleep and the resulting chronic fatigue. leading to depression.
Over the past 4 years I have been prescribed (in this order) -
anti-d's [/color](currently Venlafaxine which seems to work relatively well..).
amitrip ( certainly helped with the sleep for approx 3 months, then needed to up from 10mg to c. 15mg - how daft is it that the tablet dosage jumps from 10 to 25! - so I was taking 15 by cutting up a 25 and using the larger 'half').
Co-codomol for the pain - but neither they of otc NSAIDS seem to 'work'. I have found some relief from heat packs and a TENS machine (hmmm - difficult when you ache all over as we often do!!) and the steam room at the gym is heaven..
Also, re pain control - I'm sure my doc disapproves, but the most effective for me is a glass of very chilled white wine! (I put loads of ice in tmine, o water it down and reduce units intake) Obv can only (decently!) do this in the evening but its something I look forward to at the end of my 'working 'day.
I was a secondary school music teacher for 28 years but had to give up 7 years ago due to health issues/fatigue - didnt know about FM then! Now I teach piano privately at home, which suits me very well as I can be flexible and space out my teaching hours. I find that even 2 hours on yhr trot means I have ti lie down for half an hour to recharge..
HOWEVER!! The good news is that last october my gp tried me on Gabapentin. When I read all the reports on this forum I was very sceptical, but I have to say it has made a huge difference to my energy and pain levels. Bad news is that a mild whiplash in the new year caused a flare-up of fm pain/fatigue cycle, but I am optimistic that I am slowly getting back to where I was.. :fingerscrossed:
Will keep you posted! And hope that some of what I share can be of some help to somebody out there...
xl5
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum xl5 :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 am

Hi xl5 and :welcome: glad you have finally got something that works for you, sorry to hear about your accident :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 am

Hi x15 and :welcome: to the forum so glad you have come to join us. :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby lisa-marie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:48 pm

hi i am lisa-marie an i am new 2 this site,its nice 2 know there are other people out there like myself, was diagnosed 10yrs ago (i think) with FM an i had 2 give up work 4 2yr an at my worst i was paralised down my left side, made a recovery an returned back 2 work an normal life. got divorced few yrs ago an moved back home (essex) had a luvly job an home was workin fall time (now a singel parent) when i started 2 feel VERY tired all the time so after few months of back an forth 2 c my gp an all tests normal i was diagnosed with ME/FM, at this point i was startin 2 fall asleep at the wheel so had 2 give up work an stop driving, my memory was so poor i didnt know what day of the week it was an i would fall asleep in mid conversation, i wasnt even able 2 look after my daughter so my cousin was on hand everyday 2 help an look after me as i had days when i was unable 2 move.
once i came off the drug i lost the waight i gained in 3 weeks i cut down on my coffee an slowly i began 2 feel bit more normal again. i also met a new man durin this time an we have been livin 2gether since september, i started work full time again in a residential home an just b 4 xmas the fatigue hit like a led (never been free of the pain) so i have cut my hours.
it wud be so luvly 2 talk 2 other sufferes who understand an not sit in judgement. Lisa-marie xx
lisa-marie
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lisa-marie. :wave: Any questions just ask. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello