[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Antioxidants help loose weight!

Antioxidants help loose weight!

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Caz1980 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:54 am

Hi all,
I've been reading all the posts about weight problems with fibro and thought I'd share with you what I discovered. I was advised to get a super antioxidant capsules from h and b health store as they would help speed up my metabolism. Having been on them for six months I've lost 1 stone in weight and I still have a regular diet of comfort foods. Maybe this will help others too? Hope so x
Caz1980
UKFM Member

Re: Antioxidants help loose weight!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 am

Who was it that recommended the super antioxident to you?? I've not heard of them helping with weight loss before :dunno: :dunno:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Caz1980 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 am

It was a dietitian. I told her about the weight loss and she wasn't surprised x
Caz1980
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:56 am

:goodluck2: Hope they continue to make a difference to you. I've just been looking at them on H&B, not sure if I could take them as I have major problems with herbally supplements, teas and things, they make me rather sick and poorly. Did the dietician suggest you should check with your gp to make sure they wouldn't clash with any other meds you take??

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rkc.rhome » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi, I am fairly new to this forum, but I have visited the web site alot over the years, weight gain has become such an issue with me that I hate to see myself in the mirror and it has contributed to my ever increasing depression :cry:
I have looked at the H&B website at antioxidents but there are alot of different brands, can you tell me which ones to buy, I will try anything. Thankyou :wave:
rkc.rhome
UKFM Newbie

Postby Caz1980 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:39 am

Hi,
The one I get from h and b is called the super antioxidant. I also drink lots Of green tea which is full of them. I didn't ask the doc as I have an app on my iPod which tells me which drugs and alternatives I'm on clash if any. Xx
Caz1980
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: how accurate is your app :yikes: :yikes: you dont have to ask your doc a pharmacist can tell you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Caz1980 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 pm

It's totally accurate, it's ment for medical students but my friend who is pharmacist told me about it.
Caz1980
UKFM Member

Postby Hjp75 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:04 pm

I have not been digianosed yet but my doctor says it highly likely I have fibromyalgia.
Cane you take the aintoxidents with anitdressants?? Pus what is the name of the app please??

Thank you Helena x
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Postby Caz1980 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:33 am

It's best to check on the app as all anti depressants are diff. The app is called medscape. It's free to download on apple x
Caz1980
UKFM Member

Postby Hjp75 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 pm

I look at that thank you

Thanks Helena xxx
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Postby Maria » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:18 pm

I can't take green tea as I suffer from anxiety and one of the effects on me is to speed up my metabolism and it sends me racing and at time I could be sectioned lol. :D At times I cannot drink tea and coffee either as I become intolerant to the caffeine.
Maria
UKFM Member

Return to Weight Issues