[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - advice needed on choosing a new powerchair.

advice needed on choosing a new powerchair.

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

advice needed on choosing a new powerchair.

Postby Adele » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:48 am

:wave: everyone,

does anyone possibly know where i can get advice on choosing the right power chair? i am looking into changing my chair but i am only getting advice from salesmen who are obviously after my money.

the new chair i am considering is potentially more suitable and is cheaper per month, but i will be tied into a long contract and i have to buy the seat and backrest and other parts so i am looking at about £500 up front on top of the rental. how are you supposed to chose something so expensive and important from pictures?????????????????

i have seen the basic model of the one i chose from a picture but it had none of the features i need and was the wrong size. it wasn't any help at all.

thanks, adele :flowers:
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: advice needed on choosing a new powerchair.

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:27 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:42 pm

than :flowers: k you
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby pogster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:13 pm

The Disability Living Foundation (www.dlf.org.uk) have a wide range of factsheets on purchasing different pieces of equipment.
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:07 pm

:flowers: thanks for the help :hugs:
Adele
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping