Claiming Benefits


Claiming Benefits

UK Fibromyalgia is a member of Disability Rights UK
Disability Rights UK

Fibromyalgia and claiming ESA

Employment and Support Allowance is a UK Government State Benefit replaced Incapacity Benefit, Income Support paid because of an illness or disability and Severe Disablement Allowance. This page helps fibromyalgia sufferers complete the form

Click here for help with completing the ESA claim form

An excellent place to start is our own forum section dealing with FM and Benefits

Click here for Organisations that offer advice or case work in welfare benefits

Prepare for your work capability assessment

Benefits and Work has created an online form which allows you to assess yourself using the new ESA work capability assessment just by clicking with your mouse . . . rather like an Atos health professional.
What to do if you 'fail' your work capability assessment

Explained: The Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Scoring System

Personal Independence Payment - Frequently asked questions

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) from 2013.
Click here for a detailed free PIP factsheet that sets out its proposed descriptors that will measure someone's ability to carry out 'daily living activities' or 'mobility activities' that will determine whether they have a 'limited ability' or 'severely limited ability' to carry out those activities.

Fibromyalgia - Guidelines for the Disability Analyst.
Document released under the freedom of information act.
This is the training and development manual for the people carrying out the medical assessments for people claiming ESA. This is the specific chapter dealing with fibromyalgia. It has been produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Adviser.

Click here to read the document.

2010 to 2015 Government Policy: Welfare Reform

Help you are Entitled to (Non Benefits)